• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Brake light goes out when fluid is topped off

GearHead

100 Posts
I recently had a problem with my older toyota pickup with the e-brake light being stuck on. I talked to a friend of mine about the problem and he had had the same issue with his. All I had to do was to top off the brake fluid and the problem went away. Hopefully this thread will help others in the same situation.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I knew servicing the brake fluid was an issue with 97 and up Tacoma's, especially when the weather cools off and the brake fluid viscosity changes, but I've never run across it in the earlier trucks.

GearHead

100 Posts
Guess it's the case for the earlier trucks as well. Didn't know you had to do this with the newer Tacomas, but it certainly makes sense to me now. I didn't even consider the weather as a factor, but yeah it has cooled off a bit here. First snowfall is happening right now actually.

Lester

I'm glad the snowy days are over for me. Anyway, this thread piqued my interest. I wonder what would happen if I tried to top off the brake fluid and it still didn't solve the problem?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I recently had a problem with my older toyota pickup with the e-brake light being stuck on. I talked to a friend of mine about the problem and he had had the same issue with his. All I had to do was to top off the brake fluid and the problem went away. Hopefully this thread will help others in the same situation.

Hi! any updates, How did you get this figured out?

Related Content You Might Like: