• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

body lifts on Tacoma, any thoughts

carldu

Does anybody have a body lift kit on their Tacoma? How's the install and ride quality of your truck? I'm planning to buy a 3" Performance Accessories lift system at 4WO. Here's the link -- http://4wheelonline.com/LiftKits.13. I want to add a bigger set of tires on my rig so I'm thinking that body lift is a practical way to do it. Any thoughts?

James

100 Posts
I have a body life kit on my Tacoma. It isn't that bad to install. A body life is a great way to put bigger tires on your truck. It will look good at the end after you add the body lift kit.

Samtucky

100 Posts
I had trouble installing my body lift kit. However, I got a friend of mine to help me out. It turned out great. Carldu, I would do it if I were you.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I have a body lift on my 99, a PA 3" with some modifications.
I have a few parts I modified myself and I added parts from Roger Brown.
I used a Roger Brown steering extension.
I bought a 1 pc replacement hose for the fuel tank vent and axle vents instead of using the cobled together parts in the kit.
For the body pucks I bought new large fender washers, larger than the diameter of the body pucks and used 1 between the puck and body and 1 inside.
My kit had bumper lifts for front and rear that I welded plates to to strengthen.
If you have a reciever hitch on the back think about modifying it to lift, move forward a few inch's, and plate for strength.
Somewhat easy to complete but plan a weekend in case you have issues.
Doesnt change ride quality much, poly will transmit a little more vibrations than factory rubber.
Air tools, multiple floor jacks and bottle jacks, along with an assortment of wood blocks should make the job go fast.
If I were doing this again I would probably use a Roger Brown body lift, more expensive but has better quality parts.

carldu

Thanks for the inputs guys. At first I'm hesitant about the idea of putting a body lift since others told me that it will put more stress on the body mounts and frame. Though I guess it won't affect much my rig and I don't do extreme off-roading.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I wheel the piss out of my 99 Tacoma with a 3" body lift.
Periodic maintenance is key, checking the bolts to ensure their tight, keeping an eye on body mounts.
As I posted use larger fender washers to ensure you spread the load/stress out some.
I know guys that wheel their body lifted trucks much harder than I do and while they have had issues come up from time to time periodic maintenance and inspecting keeps the problems in check.
Like I posted Roger Brown bodylifts have proven to be the most trouble free for install and down the road.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
RB bodylifts cost a little more than others, but quality, fit, and materials make them worth it.
Pros are quality of materials and kit, installation instructions, durability.
I have yet to see an issue that could be attributed to an RB bodylift.

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
My husband has an RB bodylift. It has held up well. He is thinking about getting another one for our Tacoma. He said he won't consider purchasing anything other than a RB bodylift kit.

Related Content You Might Like: