• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best & Most Affordable Place To Buy 4Runner Mudguards

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I've been searching around for mudguards for my 4runner, and I've found quite a few different suppliers- but I honestly want the best deal possible. I'm looking for an affordable set (sold in 4). Any recommendations would be welcome!

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
My experience has been that lots of aftermarket mudguards require drilling holes at a minimum, sometimes sheet metal may have to be trimmed. So, I am going to recommend trying eBay, and searching for original Toyota mudguards (also called mud flaps). I've had VERY good luck in the past buying mudguards off eBay--usually great prices too. Try for some new ones. Add "OEM" to your search criteria. See what pops up. You will find lots of aftermarket flaps, so use your best judgment as to what to spend your money on.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
When I was shopping for mud guards for the wife's RAV4 we went OEM. Ended up cheaper and installation was a breeze.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
What are you looking for in terms of style?
Just the traditional Toyota style that are available on their website. I didn't realize there were different styles. I just wanted something to- obviously, keep the mud at bay. I wasn't too concerned about style. Is there a certain kind you'd recommend? Are some more efficient than others?

Thanks for the tips everyone. I think I'll take a look through eBay first and see what I can find there. I'll stick to new original (not aftermarket) guards, as that seems to be the theme for success here.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Toyota OEM mudguards will surely be the easiest to install, usually only needing to remove & re-use a few screws per flap.

By style, I think the poster may be referring to plain rubber/plastic vs. chromed diamond plate--but that's only a guess.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I guess in terms of style, then, I'd be looking for plain rubber. I just want something efficient, tough, and that's going to work well and last a long time. Rubber is definitely what I'm looking for at the moment. I've seen quite a few priced pretty decently on eBay. Can't believe I didn't think to look there earlier.

Related Content You Might Like: