• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Bad Weather In The Deep South

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Most of my co workers got hail. I did not, but this ( the first video) was 2 blocks from my house. The south Louisiana woman and her little girl that was killed in the trailer that flipped over was just a few miles from my sister in laws house, about 15 miles or so from me. The woman's husband left to got to the store, and came home to find the trailer flipped over with his pregnant wife and little girl dead. There is a go fund me page for them. They were very poor. As for us, we are good. No damage. The first video is the tornado 2 blocks away. The second is video is the flipped over trailer. Here is a link to there gofundme page,( the last link) if anyone cares to donate. This poor husband has nothing left. They are only asking for $5000, I hope they get a lot more than that.

http://klfy.com/2017/04/02/2-people...lishes-their-mobile-home-in-st-martin-parish/

Click here to support Funeral For Francine &Nevaeh organized by Ashly SolovingAiden Sam

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That stinks. We got hit hard last Wednesday morning. Probably trashed the roof, 90% of my fences blew over and my 30-foit Bradford Pear tree spilt in half.

Still over a week away until my insurance guy can come out.

20170329_075543.jpg
20170329_075745.jpg
20170329_075816.jpg
20170329_075902.jpg

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Yea the insurance people are never in a hurry to give you a check, but they are to collect your payment. I hope it all works out for you Steve, and that your deductible isn't to high. I think mine is $5000.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I don't watch the news like I used to but I did see about the rough weather down south. Our thoughts will be with the families. We skipped by with just some heavy rain associated with yesterdays storm system. We did get some dime size hail with a pop-up thunderstorm a couple weeks ago -- thankfully there was no damage.

Hope you get your damage taken care of soon Steve. Kenny - glad you didn't have any major damage since it was close by.

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Hate to see that story about the family, Spring in the south is always a bitch.
Meant to see how that last storm treated ya Steve, we got by relatively unscathed, lost the Wi-Fi and u verse tv in the house for 5 days, more like a blessing that made me wonder what I'm throwing money away on, and had a coup.e motors in our lectric couch fry, covered by warranty.
None of my trees lost more than a few leaves, had some fences blow down, but they were all ones belonging to neighbors, the ones I maintain have all been reinforced with steel post's. I guess those neighbors shoulda took me up on my offer to share the cost of dropping in steel posts on the fences they own when I made it, now it's there problem. They all have dogs, I don't, but they are lucky I like animals, more than people.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hate to see that story about the family, Spring in the south is always a bitch.
Meant to see how that last storm treated ya Steve, we got by relatively unscathed, lost the Wi-Fi and u verse tv in the house for 5 days, more like a blessing that made me wonder what I'm throwing money away on, and had a coup.e motors in our lectric couch fry, covered by warranty.
None of my trees lost more than a few leaves, had some fences blow down, but they were all ones belonging to neighbors, the ones I maintain have all been reinforced with steel post's. I guess those neighbors shoulda took me up on my offer to share the cost of dropping in steel posts on the fences they own when I made it, now it's there problem. They all have dogs, I don't, but they are lucky I like animals, more than people.
Deductile is about 2400 for me, im guessing they'll give me 50% on the fence but the roof is likely 8500 by itself. Might get 2000 for the fence and yes this time were going with steel fence posts all the way around and I'm going to have it extended with a new double gate on the side.

Fence fell into my resin shed as well and put a big dent into it. Might pop out though.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Bought a ryobi 40w battery powered chainsaw to cut the tree down. The ad says that it's as powerful as a gas powered chainsaw and that's no joke. I'll upload pics and/or video tomorrow.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Bought a ryobi 40w battery powered chainsaw to cut the tree down. The ad says that it's as powerful as a gas powered chainsaw and that's no joke. I'll upload pics and/or video tomorrow.
Battery is defective I think. Didn't even get through 1 fallen pear tree. Not charging means no working chainsaw. Returning to home Depot right now.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here's the ryobi 40v chainsaw in action. Battery died after 1 week, actually never really gave me a good charge, died after a few cuts over 20 mins or so. Home Depot took it back instantly. Really had a lot of power when battery lasted.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Having to fight my insurance company now. I guess i got moved to QBE, which is turning out to be a total disaster!

Here's the hailstorm from March 2016. They denied the claim!

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sorry to hear about the problems with the insurance company. Hope they step up and do what you paid them to do.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Weird, looks like the insurance Co sent some one out under cover to take more pics of my roof. Weird. fsz2180 black toyota, they parked back behind my neighbors place so they never got in view of my cameras.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Feel bad for the people who lost everything, but in some cases (no loss of life) the insurance company just comes in and writes them a check. Having to deal with fighting for a new $10k+ roof is not how I want to spend my free time actually.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Weird, looks like the insurance Co sent some one out under cover to take more pics of my roof. Weird. fsz2180 black toyota, they parked back behind my neighbors place so they never got in view of my cameras.
It's was a nice black 2015 4 runner though. Sweet ride.

Related Content You Might Like: