• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Bad dealership first oil change experience

James

100 Posts
So a friend of mine had his first oil change on his 2014 Toyota Tacoma. He thought it was the perfect time for his first free oil change.

He was told by the dealer where he bought the truck that the first two oil changes are free. My friend told him that didn't mean much to me because I change my own oil. He said, "well you might as well use it because synthetic oil is not cheap and that is what your Tacoma takes."

Since he bought his truck at a dealership 40 minutes away from his home, h decided to go to the local dealership for the oil change.

When he arrived, the guy that comes out to set you up started taking down his information. He asked him if this was going to be a free oil change. He said, let me check to see if this truck takes synthetic or conventional oil, I will be right back. He returned and said yes it will be free this truck takes conventional oil. My friend said no it doesn't, it comes from the factory with synthetic, and that's what he wanted. He said well let me go back and check. He came back and said no it takes conventional. my friend was pissed and said well if you don't know that this truck is supposed to take synthetic, I'm not leaving my truck with you.

Anyone know the deal with this situation? Are they supposed to give you synthetic for free on the first two oil changes?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I only had a minute to check ... But the only thing I could find is a list on a dealer's service website where the Tacoma shows that synthetic oil is required in the 4cyl engine. This same list shows other models with "all engines" ... meaning that at least some engines don't require synthetic oil.

Related Content You Might Like: