• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Ac Not Working, Light Blinks

Cutty

Wife has a 05 Tacoma, When pressing AC there's a quick little sound, then the light blinks with no cold air.
Plenty of air just not cool. She replaced a MGCL relay with no luck.
Any Ideas?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
How do I check for freon quantity?
Either by a set of professional A/C gauges, have a A/C shop check it for you, or purchase a can of A/C Pro Freon and use the gauge that comes on it. If you want to try to DIY I would start by looking over the A/C Pro website and see if its something you want to mess with.

I am not by any means a A/C Pro but I would be able to fill the system with Freon if it was low. If you have a leak, the system should start to cool for a little while until all Freon leaks out - then blow hot again. At least you would know the system has a leak and can go from there.

A/C belt tension OK?

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I have used the AC pro DIY kit for years. It works grate, but it is easy to over charge the system. The trick is to add a little freon at a time, and let it settle in the system. Add some, and go drive around the block, then check it again before adding more.

Related Content You Might Like: