• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

A Way To Lift 2016/17 Tacoma Drivers Seat

Augie

I have looked every place for some kind of lift kit for all four points to raise the divers seat to no avail.
I am hoping someone out there has a solution and your help would be greatly appreciated. I would even change the seat but have not found a like seat in all the Toyota vehicle. Thanks for your help. Art

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Others have done this, but I'm thinking they do it on their own, not aware of a kit for raising a seat.

How much lift do you need?

Augie

I just found a salvage 2016 seat in and they will ship just the rail part that I will modify. The back is easy and will have my blacksmith make a steel dowel for my 2 inch lift. the front will have a bolted and welded extension to match the angle. Will let you know how is works but it it will awhile.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I just found a salvage 2016 seat in and they will ship just the rail part that I will modify. The back is easy and will have my blacksmith make a steel dowel for my 2 inch lift. the front will have a bolted and welded extension to match the angle. Will let you know how is works but it it will awhile.
I'm sorry, we're all different and unique, i've got the other problem and fear that I'll break my knees in my next wreck actually.

Have you had other similar projects to this in the past? Certainly looks like it's something that's done (although not common) for other vehicles, I'm really interested in wondering why no one seems to have a seat-lift aftermarket piece for Toyota.

Augie

I'm sorry, we're all different and unique, i've got the other problem and fear that I'll break my knees in my next wreck actually.

Have you had other similar projects to this in the past? Certainly looks like it's something that's done (although not common) for other vehicles, I'm really interested in wondering why no one seems to have a seat-lift aftermarket piece for Toyota.
I am just good on problem soliving. I will make it safe and removeable . This is the last thing I want to do on a new truck!!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, i've known people who's had to alter seating for various reasons. I know a guy who's 7'1" and 400 lbs, so he's always got to bolt them back.

Augie

Seat arrived and my blacksmith is making the part. Had to pay $350 for 2016 salvage lower drivers seat so the part can be made. I will send pictures to everyone when it is done. I am looking for two inches. I recieved the kit from a guy in Califorina for the 2" spacer and rear bolts for $35.00. New truck has not arrived yet but this will work..

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Seat arrived and my blacksmith is making the part. Had to pay $350 for 2016 salvage lower drivers seat so the part can be made. I will send pictures to everyone when it is done. I am looking for two inches. I recieved the kit from a guy in Califorina for the 2" spacer and rear bolts for $35.00. New truck has not arrived yet but this will work..
Oh, pics? Sounds interesting. You have a blacksmith? lol

Related Content You Might Like: