• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26bh Travel Trailer Review ~ Quality Issues

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So I bought a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH travel trailer in March 2015. Although I had grown up in a trailer and camping family. My Grandparents even build and ran a RV park in northern Idaho, just past the city of Hope ... it's called the Beyond Hope Resort and we camped there for an average of 3 weeks per year for at least 10 years.

So when I bought my first new trailer, the aforementioned Jayco, I figured that with Jayco's reputation and 2-year warranty I didn't have much to worry about when it came to build quality.

Wow, was I ever wrong. Please watch the two videos and see how the industry's move to make lighter trailers really has allowed issues like this to develop.

FIRST VIDEO

SECOND VIDEO

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I'm taking an aviation survival course in Montana this month, my uncle offered the use of his new (5 month old, unused) Designer series 39RE Jayco 5th wheel trailer. I showed him this review on Jayco quality and warranty that Steve posted awhile back.
So he was concerned, even thought the trailer hasn't been used yet he had a few items that needed attention. The trailer was purchased in Wisconsin and towed to Montana for use next summer.
I started a punch list of minor items that need work.
My uncle meanwhile contacted the local Jayco dealer and refrenced this post, their response was "They might do things like that down in Texas, but we take pride in our customer service" they backed it up by dispatching a technician to our location the next day to check all the discrepancies, and run all the systems.
They ordered the required parts for repairs, and completed the repaired within a week. Then gave us a promise in writing to do a follow-up visit in 3 months.
I can't complain about that service.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm taking an aviation survival course in Montana this month, my uncle offered the use of his new (5 month old, unused) Designer series 39RE Jayco 5th wheel trailer. I showed him this review on Jayco quality and warranty that Steve posted awhile back.
So he was concerned, even thought the trailer hasn't been used yet he had a few items that needed attention. The trailer was purchased in Wisconsin and towed to Montana for use next summer.
I started a punch list of minor items that need work.
My uncle meanwhile contacted the local Jayco dealer and refrenced this post, their response was "They might do things like that down in Texas, but we take pride in our customer service" they backed it up by dispatching a technician to our location the next day to check all the discrepancies, and run all the systems.
They ordered the required parts for repairs, and completed the repaired within a week. Then gave us a promise in writing to do a follow-up visit in 3 months.
I can't complain about that service.
You've been in Montana a lot, i'm green with envy!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
New part time employment venture, don't think I'll move there full time soon, wife won't permanently move very far from the grand daughter at this time.
I am looking at property and a small log cabin not far from the airport but out in the middle of no where, I could swim in the river that crosses the property buck naked and never worry about being seen.
This would only be a stopover point for a couple times a month when I need to stay overnight while working in the area. I personally like Montana, as does the wife. But moving there wouldn't be an option for some time.
Probably have to sell the property on Lake Whitney to finance this, and we have property on Possum Kingdom that has been for sale for 4yrs now, might have to just dump that and take a loss to get rid of the note.

Related Content You Might Like: