• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2013 Toyota Tacoma Redesign

RobertJC

What do you guys think about the new 2013 toyota tacoma redisign? Has anyone heard anything about them releasing a hybrid toyota tacoma? When I do a Google search for it, I end up just seeing a bunch of 2012 Tacos that have been named 2013. Like this for example.

2013-Toyota-Tacoma-Redesign-2.jpg

Bryceded

I know the 2013 Tacoma is suppose to have safer antilock brakes, and you can pick between about 4 different engine styles. You can also pick from manual or automatic transmission of course this is not a new feauture.

LairdBrother

Dude if they came out with a hybrid 2013 Tacoma that would be badd ass. I coudlnt find much about with a quick search from google though. Im gonna be this truck sells so well as is that they wont bother to make a hybrid version. What do you guys think the starting msrp for the 2013 tacoma will be?

GregH

In another thread a pic was shown of the new 2013. I really like the design of it. I'm very impressed, and yes I hope they do decide to have a hybrid.

Lester

I don't know if they are making a hybrid. However, like someone else said that would be great. This would be the time for it.

RobertJC

I did some searching around the net for news of a 2013 hybrid toyota truck and came up empty handed so I guess its not going to happen.

testerdahl

FYI, I wrote a blog about Hybrids in Tacoma's a while ago when Toyota announced a joint venture with Ford. It definitely could be a possiblity, but probably not until 2014.

-Tim

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
FYI, I wrote a blog about Hybrids in Tacoma's a while ago when Toyota announced a joint venture with Ford. It definitely could be a possiblity, but probably not until 2014.

-Tim
Thanks for the blog post, but we don't allow links to other websites for newbies. Post 100 or more quality messages on this site and I don't care what you do right now. :)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I just reached out to the Toyota Communications department and there are NO major redesigns planned for the 2013 Tacoma or the Tundra. :-(

toyotasrule

100 Posts
This looks similar to the truck I have now. However, I would love to upgrade if I could, because this one is a bit more advanced.

GregH

I know the 2013 Tacoma is suppose to have safer antilock brakes, and you can pick between about 4 different engine styles. You can also pick from manual or automatic transmission of course this is not a new feauture.
If this is true I don't see why people wouldn't be tempted to purchase the 2013, or at least be jealous of the people who can. LOL

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
That's hard to believe that they are not redesigning this for 2013. Well, maybe I'm not surprised, just a little bit disappointed.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
yeah, that is the official word from Toyota ... no major redesign of the Tacoma for the 2013 model year.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
They're doing the big off-road baja truck this year from what I read in the other threads, I guess that's something. Ford put out the pretty awesome Raptor (have to admit it - can't deny it) and GM's got some type of wannabe baja truck with just a big engine and not much else.

antonino

100 Posts
I think the manual transmission should already be omitted in the newer versions. We are already talking about 2013, and cars should be fully automatic in this generation. Just a thought!

drakelouis29

redesigning doesn't means that they would change the whole truck. its like they would change brakes, color, and many of the technical terms for presenting it in a much better way.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
usually a redesign means that they redesign the entire vehicle. more specifically, that includes change in the body panels, wheels, tires, interior, and the overall look and feel in style of the vehicle.

Related Content You Might Like: