• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2012 vs. 2015 Toyota Tacoma. Is there are significant difference

Rob101

Is there significant diffrence between the tacoma 2012 and the 2015?

I'm thinking of upgrading, but I might wait longer.

rickoshay45

They are showing the 2016 3rd generation this week in Detroit. There are pics of the exterior and interior but no engine or tranny specs yet.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The 2016 looks pretty sweet. No official announcement on when it's available though. Probably summer at the earliest.

rickoshay45

The new engine is a 3.5L v6 with a six speed tranny. This is the first redesign in 10 years. The interior is upgraded and so is the exterior. Some dealers are saying the first ones will arrive in June.

Ellen

They are showing the 2016 3rd generation this week in Detroit. There are pics of the exterior and interior but no engine or tranny specs yet.
As from some website they share details which you can read as:

"This new engine was badly needed, as the powerplant it is replacing is outdated to say the least. Just how much of an improvement this new six-cylinder will be remains a mystery; Toyota may have unveiled the Tacoma but they haven’t coughed up any numbers. Of note, Toyota said that this will be the most powerful, most fuel efficient Tacoma ever, but did not make any claim regarding the Trucks main competition."

Nana

TTC Chicks
Is there significant diffrence between the tacoma 2012 and the 2015?

I'm thinking of upgrading, but I might wait longer.
I don’t think there’s much of a difference, but then again I never owned these Toyota models, but doing little research, I can say that 2012 model is the best if you are concerned about the money and you won’t be disappointed about its reliability, MPG and performance, I don’t know much about the 2015 model just they have discontinued the regular cab.

rickoshay45

The haven't released all the spec yet but we do know it's a 3.5L Atkinson cycle motor with both direct and indirect injection. It could be a reworked Lexus motor, if so it should offer HP in the 300 range

Related Content You Might Like: