• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser

ben9895

I have a opportunity to purchase a 1997 Land Cruiser and I was wondering what the off road capabilities are of this truck without front/rear lockers or should I even purchase it i have always wanted a Land Cruiser but I read so much about lockers any help would grateful

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

johan

I couldn't really tell you anything you don't already know about the truck. The one in the picture looks very capable. As with any truck that is for off road it could be trashed or it could have been used hard but maintained well and taken care of. I believe the snorkel is a little worrisome for me. No truck is meant to be half drowned. That has to be lead to a lot of rust in places water just cant get out of and dry. That is just me and I live in an area that doesn't see that much rain so take it will a grain of salt. It is a great looking truck. When I bought my truck it was already old as model years go. I was worried about it being a good truck or has all the good been run out of it already. I go with maintenance records. So me the maintenance records and I'm not worried about it. Toyota's go forever if taken care of and that is just regular maintenance.

Carver

I have a opportunity to purchase a 1997 Land Cruiser and I was wondering what the off road capabilities are of this truck without front/rear lockers or should I even purchase it i have always wanted a Land Cruiser but I read so much about lockers any help would grateful

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That's a nicely equipped rig. I have a 97 LC similarly equipped. I DO have ARB lockers front and rear and I've geared lower to 4:88/1. I've also made a switch mod that locks the transfer case. The rig will go wherever it's pointed as long as the path is wide enough to squeeze through. I've owned Jeeps, Toyota PU's prior to the LC and the LC is the premium deal. If your 4wheeling is simply dirt roads with minor obstacles - no need to regear or add lockers. Start there and see if it works for you. Then add lockers and gears later. Hope that helps, Ernie

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What did you do about this? So sorry, I ended up taking a new job on Jan 11th and that kept me very busy for a few weeks and I was in a car wreck myself on 1/27 ... so I was busy when you posted this. My bad though.

Related Content You Might Like: