• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

16 Tacoma Wait Time

Sarge261

Hey guys,

After tossing it around for a while I ordered a 16 Tacoma last night. The dealer told me 10-12 weeks for delivery, my Yukon is on its last leg, so I was wondering what the wait times everyone else is seeing on a special order.

I didn't realize that the standard transmission wasn't a popular option for most folks, but that's what I wanted. Truck should be pretty sweet its a TRD Off Road Double Cab in Blue...Cant wait to get my paws on it, should be a fun little truck with a V-6 and 6 Speed....tick tock I guess.

Let the wish list of mods begin.

Sarge

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, I couldn't do it. I'm sorry, I'm too impatient.

Congrats though, sounds pretty sweet.

Sarge261

LOL, I do...I'll probably be trying to keep my Yukon from folding in 1/2. I was trying to find some accessories for it but it appears as though nothing really exists yet. Looking for a Tonneau cover, vent visors and hood defector.

The other big ticket item is a snow plow. I'm hoping Western comes up with a plow as I love the fact that the front mount is almost non existent when the pucks are off. Id like this truck for some light off roading too.

Sarge

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
LOL, I do...I'll probably be trying to keep my Yukon from folding in 1/2. I was trying to find some accessories for it but it appears as though nothing really exists yet. Looking for a Tonneau cover, vent visors and hood defector.

The other big ticket item is a snow plow. I'm hoping Western comes up with a plow as I love the fact that the front mount is almost non existent when the pucks are off. Id like this truck for some light off roading too.

Sarge
What's wrong with the Yukon?

Sarge261

Yes its the same color blue that is on the cover of the 16 Tacoma brochure.

Well,
Sadly the Yukon has a cracked frame, a lifter is going bad, needs a suspension rebuild...its a 97 with 145k on it, and its just worn out. Its been a good truck, but being a 2 door, its a pain with the new baby, and now that the frame is cracked its time for replacement. Im not 1 to change my vehicles very often so I wanted something fun to drive all the time that was reliable and has A/C for the summer time.

I also have a 06 F-350 that I ordered new in 9/05, didn't arrive until 11/05 so I keep my stuff for a long time. I've had the Yukon for about 6 years now and its been mainly a plow/shop truck since I've had it, so its life hasn't been the easiest. I don't drive the F350 much cause its a diesel and the short trips would kill it. I have a 38' 5th wheel trailer so I need it to pull that or I would have looked at a Tundra for sure, but I didn't want to have 2 bigger trucks anymore.

I will most likely fish plate the frame on the Yukon and just keep it around to plow my lot and a few driveways until Western comes out with a plow for the 16 Tacomas, then I will just use it to plow my lot. If I can get 15 or so years out of the Tacoma I'll be a happy guy...maybe even pass it off to my baby girl when shes ready to drive. If its anything like our 15 4 Runner it will be an awesome ride for sure.

Sarge

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Good stuff, where did the frame crack on the Yukon? That's a pretty stiff frame, even if they did shorten it for the two door version.

Sarge261

Right where the Trans crossmember, torsion bar brackets meet. Im in NY so we use a ton of salt up here. 2 years ago I replaced the rear wheel lips, lower quarter sections front and rear, repaired the door bottoms, shes just not worth putting the money into any more. I think if I would have bought this truck new and under coated it and kept up on it every year we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But at 18 years old, 150,000 miles, a cracked frame and an engine overhaul looming in my future I just cant justify it any further. Its been a good truck, I really like it, but there needs to come a time hen you take a picture and put it in the scrap book.

Besides who doesn't want a new Tacoma?

Sarge

Redlander

Maybe cause I was an earlybird when ordering in early October, that it only took a month for delivery. I'm sure orders piled up fast, for a longer wait time now. But me and Taco Joe have been rolling for several weeks now.

Attachments

Sarge261

Hey Redlander...that looks just like the truck I ordered. Is yours a manual or auto trans? If its a manual how do you like it. The only thing I would change on my truck is I like the sport flares and hood, but I prefer the Offroad package for the locking diff and bilstiens. It would be nice if we could have it both ways...and if it still takes the full 12 weeks, I'm down to 9 weeks and 6 days to go, not that I'm counting.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Sarge

Redlander

The new Taco is an automatic, only because someone I know can't drive a stick. Would have prefered a manual, I drive big rigs after all. After driving a couple hundred miles on I-70 in Colorado, it would be nice to put it in 6th and leave it there. Like overdrive on my old manual Dakota I had for 29 years. But with the Tacos engine and computer setup, it will be downshifting allot. Only stays in 6 on flat highway with no wind. The engine is a revver, needs rpm to run. Thats the mpg government requirements at work these days. To get torque at low rpm to drive top gear, its needs to be a different engine. Maybe manual, you can force it for the most part. The dash readout says I'm getting about 19 mpg for mixed driving so far. That's about what I got on the 3.9L carborated Dakota. I test drove a Colorado, and it is better on the highway. But me living in the mountain west, a Tacoma is a better jeep road machine. Everything else about the truck is real nice. Sound system rocks. I like putting in my music on thumbdrive, to the usb port, play as loud as you want, the neighbors won't care, out on the road. Roads bumbs and swells, fun to drive over now. I just need to find where to install a cb radio.

Sarge261

Sweet report, I will keep you posted on how the manual transmission feels to me. Any chance you could snap a picture of the interior for me? And if you do wind up putting a CB in it post pictures Id like to see how you do it.

Thanks,

Sarge

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Maybe cause I was an earlybird when ordering in early October, that it only took a month for delivery. I'm sure orders piled up fast, for a longer wait time now. But me and Taco Joe have been rolling for several weeks now.
Yeah, I'm sure they love getting the pre-orders and early orders out of the way ... that will help them estimate how many of these trucks they can build and sell for the year.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Sweet report, I will keep you posted on how the manual transmission feels to me. Any chance you could snap a picture of the interior for me? And if you do wind up putting a CB in it post pictures Id like to see how you do it.

Thanks,

Sarge
Ditto @Redlander on the CB install, tell us how you do that and snap a few pics if you think about it.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Congrats all around to your new purchases on sweet 2016 Tacomas! I'll bet that the wait will be well worth it.

Related Content You Might Like: