• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

09 Tacoma, current BT HU that can hook up to Back Up camera

I'm a new owner of a used 09 Tacoma Pre-runner. 2.7, 5 speed with Limited Slip. I just read on another site that all Pre-runners in 09-10 had the cameras & harness installed. I see it in the tail-gate handle, the wiring, warning stickers etc are all there. It has a connection kit with the manual.

I'm looking for a current Head Unit that has iPhone Blue Tooth, Back-up camera, Radio, not much else

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also installation instructions, links, advice & comments appreciated.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
wrecking yard and/or ebay is your cheapest OEM option, you can get a new OEM head unit from one of the online stores for toyota parts like www.toyotapartsabq.com or other similar site, but it's going to be spendy. I'll bet that one of the major firms has an aftermarket unit that can tap into the existing harness.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like this is something that is fairly common to have done if you wanted to install an aftermarket unit to show the backup camera.

Question, are there two backup camera display options for the Tacoma.

That is, is there a hidden mirror display and also a Nav display option? I've found some writeups for the RAV4 that talk about routing wires to the mirror, and i'm pretty sure that one of my test-drives was in a RAV4 that had the backup camera in the rear-view mirror, but i'm not sure if that's how it's done in the Tacoma now that I think about it.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here's an aftermarket camera being hooked up, but you can see in the comments that other people are asking if you can use the factory oem camera.

Related Content You Might Like: