• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

'03 Sequoia: 2 Questions--ac And E-brake

Quincy Goulden

My air conditioner works great. However, it only works on the coldest (cold) setting. Even turning it up one degree (to 65) results in it blowing out warm air. Any ideas what that's about and how I can resolve it? If so, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Here's my second question.
Would anyone be able to give me an idea why my e-brake light on the dash will randomly come on for various amounts of time and then go back off? I see no real pattern. It may be off for a month or more, come on for a few minutes, a day (or even several days) and then go back off.
I've looked the brakes over thinking that one was maybe sticking, but see no indication of that. Could it be a sensor, fuse or electrical component, etc making it act crazy? I'm not a mechanic of any sort (clearly); just a guy trying to prove to his wife that we don't need a newer Toyota yet. So, with that being said, please give me some advice. I'll appreciate any help.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So you have a fully electronic digital temp control? If it's cold then the compressor is working, so this is either software or a blending door.

Check that the brake is coming all the way up. There is a little push switch that illuminates that light. If pushing that in makes the light go out, there is your problem, if not, fill brake fluid to max level.

Also, check for brake dust on your rims, it's often magnetic and can throw all sorts of sensors off.

My guess though is that you have a short or there's something wrong with your dash unit.

Is the light on all the time when it goes on? When is not always on, does putting the brake on show the light to work?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
See if you can get any codes read too. I've read that the stroke sensor, which is attached to the brake booster can short out and might need to be replaced.

You'll be looking for code C1247, Stroke Sensor Shorted.

Related Content You Might Like: