• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Rear Gear - What Ratio do I have?

Counterpart

If you'd be ok with PMing me your VIN, its possible the catolog will tell me the ratio. It doesn't always, but Toyota is pretty good about it.

Counterpart

VIN decoders don't always give that information, ours does not, but if I put the VIN into the parts catalog, when I look up the ring and pinion it will often (but not always) give the ratio along with the part number.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
here's what you do:

Lift up the back of the truck. Put jack stands under the rear end to keep both rear tires off the ground. Use a piece of chalk or some white out and mark the driveshaft at the 6:00 position. Do the same with the passenger rear tire. Spin the tire and count how many times the drive shaft spins for a single revolution of the tire.

If it's closer to 4 then you have 4.10's. If it's closer to 4 and one fourth you have 4.30's.

Another way to tell, do you have the factory tow option? If so then your truck came with 4.30's.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
here's what you do:

Lift up the back of the truck. Put jack stands under the rear end to keep both rear tires off the ground. Use a piece of chalk or some white out and mark the driveshaft at the 6:00 position. Do the same with the passenger rear tire. Spin the tire and count how many times the drive shaft spins for a single revolution of the tire.

If it's closer to 4 then you have 4.10's. If it's closer to 4 and one fourth you have 4.30's.

Another way to tell, do you have the factory tow option? If so then your truck came with 4.30's.
Great info

Related Content You Might Like: