• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Berglund Toyota - Lynchburg, VA

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Berglund Toyota
3000 Wards Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24502
http://www.berglundtoyota.com/

Purchased my last three trucks through them - two Tacoma's and my current Tundra. Very pleased with the service I have received thus far. Clean sales and service department. If they don't have what you want they will get it. I am a picky buyer and they jumped through some hoops to get my business.

I have to bring my Tundra in to the service department for a software update/recall soon. I will report back what I think about my visit.

On a side note: They had a restaurant inside that had some great food. If you took your vehicle in for service you got a free food voucher to use while you waited - otherwise the food prices were reasonable. Sorry to say the first things the new owners did was shut it down. :(

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
A lot of the better dealers have been putting cafes or restaurants in their stores I've noticed. Gives people a reason to come in and eat while getting service done.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I've actually not seen a dealer with a restaurant inside. That fad must not have hit Alaska yet. I think it's a great concept though. I'd rather go and grab a bite to eat while my vehicle is being worked on than wait in a typical waiting room area like the dealers in my area have.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I really miss the restaurant since they closed it. The last time I was there it felt like there was nothing to do. Ended up walking up the street and getting a bit to eat elsewhere for breakfast.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, snack areas inside of dealerships are nothing new, but turning that into a cafe / counter-order restaurant is a trend over the last 15 years or so at the high-volume dealers.

I used to run the marketing department for one of the largest single-rooftop dealers in the US, I know firsthand how the Owner/Dealer Principal or General Manager often looks at restaurant as parts of the business that lose money in their actual operation and therefore they want to shut then down. They don't take into consideration that they might be getting far more service business from people who come into eat while the work is being done.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Berglund Toyota
3000 Wards Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24502
http://www.berglundtoyota.com/

Purchased my last three trucks through them - two Tacoma's and my current Tundra. Very pleased with the service I have received thus far. Clean sales and service department. If they don't have what you want they will get it. I am a picky buyer and they jumped through some hoops to get my business.

I have to bring my Tundra in to the service department for a software update/recall soon. I will report back what I think about my visit.

On a side note: They had a restaurant inside that had some great food. If you took your vehicle in for service you got a free food voucher to use while you waited - otherwise the food prices were reasonable. Sorry to say the first things the new owners did was shut it down. :(
How did you like moving from as Tacoma to a tundra? Glad you found as dealer to call your own.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
How did you like moving from as Tacoma to a tundra? Glad you found as dealer to call your own.
I'm glad I got the Tundra. It was a big jump in size and power. I still wish I wouldn't have sold my 2004 reg cab - I miss it.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Service Department Review: Had to head in for a recall - no big deal just a ECM software update. My annual Virginia State Inspection runs out the end of this month so had them do this as well.
Appointment time was 7:30am. Friendly staff and clean facilities. Before taking my Tundra back, the tech answered my questions and explained the details of the recall. I hit the fresh donuts & coffee while waiting and was out of there by 8:30. I did a quick walk around and check under the hood - no damage or lost tools found.
I don't like bringing my truck to a shop but this was something I couldn't do myself. Glad to say it was a good experience.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Service Department Review: Had to head in for a recall - no big deal just a ECM software update. My annual Virginia State Inspection runs out the end of this month so had them do this as well.
Appointment time was 7:30am. Friendly staff and clean facilities. Before taking my Tundra back, the tech answered my questions and explained the details of the recall. I hit the fresh donuts & coffee while waiting and was out of there by 8:30. I did a quick walk around and check under the hood - no damage or lost tools found.
I don't like bringing my truck to a shop but this was something I couldn't do myself. Glad to say it was a good experience.
Good to get in and out in an hour, not bad!

Related Content You Might Like: