• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What Insurance Company Do You Use?

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
At the moment, I'm with State Farm, but I'm looking around. They've treated me well, but their rates are pretty high for me, for some reason. I've never had a traffic ticket, never been in an accident, and never given them a reason to give me a higher rate. I'd like to look around and see what my other options are, but I'm curious what provider other Toyota drivers use and how happy they are with them.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Unitrin direct, formerly Kemper direct. I've been with them for at least five years.

unitrin-direct_toe.jpg

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Geico has great rates if your stationed in another country, and as a military member may (as was our situation in more than one duty station overseas) be the only insurance company you have access to.
But once you come stateside theres just to many options that offer better coverages and prices.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
That's a good point, once you get good insurance most people just stick with it even if their rates start to creep. I worked for a guy who had graduated from West Point in 1958! He got USAA insurance in 1958 and kept it ever since then! I heard him call in about a claim about 8 or 10 years ago and the agent was like, WOW, 1958?

James W Johnson

Farmers Insurance here, switched to them from American Family and saved $ 500 between my house and truck in the first year alone ! My parents were agents for American Family for 30 years and they switched to Farmers shortly after I did, and saved $ 1000 right off the bat with Farmers, more coverage on their house, two vehicles, camper, and atv, and all for a thousand bucks less.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Ontario provincial govt requires all insurance companies to give us a discount if we run snow tires. This became law January 1 2016 but you have to phone insurance company and let them know...Allstate Insurance asked make/model snow tires I am using. We run snows on all 4 corners of the truck and Camry.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Like you I also have State Farm. Although they may be a little more, if you have a claim, they are very good to deal with. I have been through this before, with State farm. Also Geico and a few others in my life. Geico is hard to deal with if you have a claim. Your young age does have something to do with your higher rate. I think it comes down at 30 years old. At my old age (57) my rates are not bad. I just can't get another speeding ticket Ha Ha.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Unitrin direct, formerly Kemper direct. I've been with them for at least five years.

View attachment 4592
I think it's time for a change, they're ok but haven't paid me for my missed work (about $500) from my accident on 1/27!!! They also gave me false comps (at least one) trying to drive down the Actual Cash Value of my Chevy tow vehicle that I wrecked. Really sad.

Related Content You Might Like: