• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tips For Carrying Big Game Meat In A Tacoma Truck Bed

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I just made a post a week or two ago about prepping a Tacoma for a big game hunt, and now that we've actually completed the task, I thought I'd share a few tips with you guys. This is for a mid-sized truck, but I suppose these could be used for anyone.

We started by lining the entire bottom of the bed with a waterproof tarp. We secured the tarp to all four corners with zip ties. Then we brought in the meat (in our case; a moose). It was cut into eight different sections. 2 racks of ribs, 4 legs, a butt bone, and a neck bone (connected to the head still). We laid each piece down fur-side to the tarp, meat side up. The we took a second tarp and placed it over all of the other pieces. We used bungee cords to wrap the tarp around each piece and secure it. Then we again, zip tied it to all four corners of the bed. It held up really well for us. It took us a few times to get it right, but we realized once we bungee-corded the tarp to the meat it eliminated air-pockets that would make the tarp fly up with when we were driving.

Any other tips from fellow hunters?

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
Any photos?
Unfortunately not of the meat in the truck bed. It was dark and we were in a rush. Traditionally it's not 'safe' to butcher a moose at night in Alaska, because you can't see well and bears are pretty notorious for searching out a butchered hunt. So we were in a rush to get it home and hung up. I do have pictures of the meat in general though, so I guess I could ask my boyfriend to email them to me and post those- so people can see how we cut it up to fit it in the bed.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Ok cool, congrats on successful hunting trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Related Content You Might Like: