• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

HELP HELP timing 22re

zion

hello I'm trying to time my 22re on my 1991 Toyota pickup 2wd 5speed so i can pull ever thing off and do my LC engineering timing chine kit on so far I'm lining up at the 0 mark on the crank and the cam is not at the 12 o clock and not lining up at the mark on the top of the head . so i have try ed to line the cam at 12 o clock and turn the crank back to 0 to line up but the top cam looks off ..so what i have been doing is putting the cam to 12 o clock and then moving the crank counter clock wise too 0 mark ... the slack is on the right side of the engine facing the front the side that does not have the tensioner .... i have looking on web and cant find any thing so far would like to see some pics to see were to put the timing marks at thanks for the help

zion

Is the timing ok if the cam dimples are at the 11:30 mark, while the crank is at "0" mark?

dfindlay

No issue. I'm just seeing the dot on the cam gear at the 11:30 position when the crankshaft is at the zero degree mark. Based on the position of the chain and the teeth, there's no way to get it to exactly 12:00. Moving the chain one tooth would put it at about 12:30.

I've spun everything a couple of times and nothing's hitting. I've got to get the oil pan, valve cover, radiator and all the hoses back on before I can crank it and see what happens.

Related Content You Might Like: