• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Fall 2015 Projects and Plans?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
As we're just about to hit September, thought I would ask to see who's got projects going on or any big plans for the fall?

2015 FALL CAMPING
So as I'm getting my trailer fixed, we're looking at two different options and possibilities for camping/traveling through Fall and then starting up again in early Spring.
  1. Keep the trailer and look for a Sequoia for a Tow vehicle. The only problem is the cost! They model years that have decent towing capability are still pricey, but my current non-Toyota vehicles can be sold as they're either paid off or mostly paid off so I'm not coming out of pocket too much. This will give us a nice family vehicle and/or just a vehicle for me to drive and modify over time and use as the primary tow vehicle.

I have mentioned before that because of my current housing situation, parking a big new Tundra outside is just not an option as the city I live in expanded the park across from my house (it's 20 acres and they have expanded the walking trails, grilling and picnic areas, a covered gazebo, water/sprayground area, two playground and more). That's great during the day, but it attracts a bad element at night and we've had vandalism, like a lot, in the neighborhood at night. Sucks, but that's the world that we live in.

2. Sell the trailer, get a Class 3 motorhome and a 4Runner This is looking like the best senario, IMHO. We'll then have a 4Runner than I can fixup and trails can be done faster and will be more comfortable for the passengers as they can sit at a table or on a couch in the motorhome while we're driving, plus we'll have a generator onboard (not to mention the main engine) so we can run AC while at stops. This is a huge deal when traveling in the summer in the south.
OTHER PLANS THIS FALL
I'll just list out some of the stuff that we typically do each fall as a family.
  • Pumpkin patch - There are several pumpkin patches, we'll hit some of the big ones this fall.
  • Halloween / Fall Festivals - Should be good for one or two of these in October.
  • Texas State Railroad - This is a great railroad trip, starting in Rusk Texas and heading to a pumpkin patch, lots of fun for the kids.
  • Thanksgiving - We'll get a whole week off this year so might go camping the first 5 days (Friday - Tuesday) and then come back home for Thanksgiving at the house.
  • Christmas / New Years - Might be traveling to get the whole family together this year, haven't all been together for Christmas in over 15 years.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Keep us up do date on camper decision. Looks like the end of year will be busy but fun.

Not many plans here. Will keep working on the 5th wheel camper as long as the weather holds out. We usually check out the Appomattox Railroad Festival in the Fall. May start taking the motorcycle out for a ride or two when the weather starts cooling.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Most of my plans and projects are on hold since Im in the final stages of completing my Masters Degree, before next year I'll have the sheepskin in hand that I started working towards almost 30yrs ago.
Not sure what comes next.
Mid summer we purchased 2 classics a 1959 Chrysler Windsor w/Golden Lyon Pkg and a 95% completed 1957 Chevy 210 4dr sedan restomod, hopefully after the new year these two will get completion.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Most of my plans and projects are on hold since Im in the final stages of completing my Masters Degree, before next year I'll have the sheepskin in hand that I started working towards almost 30yrs ago.
Not sure what comes next.
Mid summer we purchased 2 classics a 1959 Chrysler Windsor w/Golden Lyon Pkg and a 95% completed 1957 Chevy 210 4dr sedan restomod, hopefully after the new year these two will get completion.
Congrats on the education, I've gone back and forth on getting an mba but just never seems to have been as good time.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Thanks Steve, I dont know that the education will change finances or employment, especially since Im already past 50 and looking at retirement or semi retirement in the next 5 years.
But it was a goal that was never completed, and I hate leaving things unfinished.
Theres never a good time to go back to school, its really all about just do it and get it done.
I made excuses for years why I wasnt finishing, the truth was I just needed to finish what I started.
I thought 2 classes last semester was gonna kill me, 1 class this semester seems to be just as bad.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hopefully I'll have good news from the dealer when I call them later this week to see where Jayco is with approving the repairs, etc. We'd like to go camping over Labor Day.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
My new 2015 Jayco trailer is STILL NOT DONE. I took it back to the dealer at the end of August and they were supposed to be done two weeks ago, but they're redoing the countertops and when their guy went to put them together to put into the trailer, so I was told, he used nails in his nail gun that were too long and it shot through the backing and through the countertop surface itself, thus ruining it!

Ugh, now that it's cool again I want to go camping!

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
Well, in summer I thought that biggest plan in fall is to save money and to buy new car, but plans changed and I must forget about that car for a while, as now I'm looking for new apartment to buy in my city. Also I'm going on vacation after one month so I'm really looking forward to. :)) and halloween of course! Happy celebration!

Related Content You Might Like: