• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Past & Present Military Rollcall

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Rollcall for all veterans of the Military! What nationality and branch of service? How long? etc

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
U.S. Navy, 22 yrs active duty, 4 yrs inactice recall, for a total of 26 yrs service.
Entered service 1982 at NRD (Naval Recruit Depot) San Diego boot camp, undesignated E-1.
Served on the USS Saratoga as a black shoe undesignated Machinists Mate Striker for my first command.
Attended Aviation Technical training in Millington Tn for AME A school, Ejection seat and Enviromental systems Mechanic. Follow on to Aircrew candidate school in Pensacola Fl.
Assigned various commands in the Pacific theater from 1983 to 1991 as an aircrewman on A-3 Skywarrior elint/tanking, and H-3 Seaking anti submarine/rescue aircraft.
1991 to 2001 I was assigned to Euro-Com as an Aircrewman on E-2 Hawkeye aircraft covering Europe, Middle East, and African Nation missions.
2001 to 2004 based at JRB Fort Worth Tx operating in the middle east and persian gulf region as A C40 Clipper Aircrewman.
Retired in 2004 and during subsequent IRR/IA recalls I served as an Aircrewman and OIC for various commands in the middle east region.
Enlisted as E-1 Aug 1982, advanced to E-2 Airman apprentice, Jan 1983, advanced to E-3 Airman July 1983, advanved to E-4 Petty Officer Third Class December 1983, advanced to E-5 Petty Officer Second Class December 1984, advanced to E-6, Petty Officer First Class December 1987, advanced to E-7, Chief Petty Officer July 1999, advanced to E-8, Senior Chief Petty Officer December 2001, Advanced to Master Chief Petty Officer 1 August 2002, Commissiond Chief Warrant Officer, CWO2, 1 August 2002, 15 minutes after being advanced to the U.S. Navy's highest enlisted rank. Advanced to Chief Warrant Officer 3, December 2003. Advanced to Chief Warrant Officer 4, September 2005 while on recall, and Commissioned to Commander, O-5 for pay and retirement purposes Jan 2009 prior to final retirement and removal from IRR list.
Loved every minute of service I served, the worlds most exciting job, no other job could compare to it. I never served because I was patriotic, I was an adrenalin junky having the time of my life and getting paid to do it. saw the whole world at least once and many places much more than that.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I've got a cousin (my dad's sister's kids) who's aiming to become master chief of the navy, he said he doesn't want to become a warrant officer, sounds like you found it a mixed blessing too.

He did it right, earned a bachelor's degree followed by a master's degree while enlisted and deployed and has served in a variety of capacities.

Plus he's got a famous cousin (a rare white hall of fame basketball player) on his dad's side of the family, I'll let you speculate who that is.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My Warrant Officer package approval and advancement approval to E-9 came out within hours of each other, even though my goal at that point had been to get a commission (I spent 12 yrs as an E-6 and had given up on ever putting on E-7, so I went back to school and earned a pair of degrees) I was frocked to E-9 first just in case I decided to retire before I had sufficient time in grade to retire as an Officer.
Which when I retired initially in 04 ended being the case, I retired at E-9 for pay since that was the last enlisted pay grade I held. The military has a rule, other than medical retirement Officers must have 10 yrs commissioned to retire at their pay grade, otherwise they retire at the highest enlisted paygrade held.
Which for many is E-4 or E-5 which is normally the paygrade held while attending a service college or other commisioning programs that the service pays for your schooling.
Another rule they have is if retiring from IRR or Individual Ready Reserve i.e. retirement call back orders of not less than 24 mos the member retires at pay and benefits of last rank held while on active duty. I didnt know this rule when I was called back, but I was a very happy camper when it was explained to me prior to my final retirement in 09.
I had been advanced to 05 a few months earlier and they explained that advancement earned me almost an extra $1000 a month.
Good luck to your cousin, as an E-8 and a CWO I was offered orders to major staff commands that normally are a precurser for jobs like MCPON or CNO staff, after serving on a combined staff with NATO and U.S. Military as an E-6 in Belgium I quickly learned staff jobs would never be my choice. Those guys spend to much time back stabbing and fighting each other to ever have enough time to fight the real enemy. My staff command duty lasted 13 mos which was the minimum amount of time I had to stay on staff, I couldnt check out and get back to a real boots on the ground wrench turning command fast enough.
Imagine every military movie you ever saw with a stuffy non working politicking clueless officer in charge and in over his head, all those guys that are afraid or to good to get dirty, they all gather at staff commands.

hippie13gcid

Well, I was chased by the draft into the Navy. enlisted for 4 yrs in Navy instead of being drafted for 2yrs in army in 1966. Nice warm dry ship for 4 yrs beat all hell outa being shot at in a muddy rice paddy in Nam. Worked out good 4 me.Didn't get what my recruiter promised. Ya was kinda like a 4 yr prison sentence. Didn't wanna be there. Got my draft notice second week of boot camp......big joke in the barracks......Hey this guy just got drafted! Got assigned to a big ass light cruiser, Crew of 1,000. small floating town. 15,000 tons of NASTY. Ship went to the Med sea in '67 Big doings, 6 days war, Arabs V/S Jews.......Jews won. Came home, refit in yards Long Beach Cali then go to Nam in '68 for Tet. US V/S commies.......Commies won. Came home, Off ship was spit on and called "Baby Killer" Disrespected by my own family. 15 yrs before some stranger shook my hand and thanked me for my service to the nation. VA is still ignoring Nam veterans and putting them on waiting lists hoping they will die before they are accepted for treatment. 2 Million of my generation served during the Nam years. 58,000 of my contemporaries died. in a war where the politicians handcuffed them and wouldn't let them fight to win. Now Mid east war and not so many deaths but more walking wounded. VA still ignoring them. I love my country and my oath to protect and defend it did not expire with my discharge. Ya, swore an oath to protect and defend against All enemies, both foreign and domestic. I'm an old man now, 68 pushing 69. I see a domestic enemy. His Name is Obama. If congress had any balls he would have been impeached by now. I can't believe my nation has sunk so low as to allow such a devisive person to be elected or remain president. I guess that's why he chose Joe Biden for Vice pres. NOBODY wants Joe as prez. Impeachment insurance. OMG! and I started this as a military experience story.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
THANK YOU- ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

I'm not a veteran myself, but my father is a General in the National Guard. He's an Engineer. My magnificent boyfriend is a West Point grad and a Lieutenant in the Army. He's in artillery. So proud to be so close to both of them. And thank you to the rest of you who've served. You have no idea how much it means.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, I was chased by the draft into the Navy. enlisted for 4 yrs in Navy instead of being drafted for 2yrs in army in 1966. Nice warm dry ship for 4 yrs beat all hell outa being shot at in a muddy rice paddy in Nam. Worked out good 4 me.Didn't get what my recruiter promised. Ya was kinda like a 4 yr prison sentence. Didn't wanna be there. Got my draft notice second week of boot camp......big joke in the barracks......Hey this guy just got drafted! Got assigned to a big ass light cruiser, Crew of 1,000. small floating town. 15,000 tons of NASTY. Ship went to the Med sea in '67 Big doings, 6 days war, Arabs V/S Jews.......Jews won. Came home, refit in yards Long Beach Cali then go to Nam in '68 for Tet. US V/S commies.......Commies won. Came home, Off ship was spit on and called "Baby Killer" Disrespected by my own family. 15 yrs before some stranger shook my hand and thanked me for my service to the nation. VA is still ignoring Nam veterans and putting them on waiting lists hoping they will die before they are accepted for treatment. 2 Million of my generation served during the Nam years. 58,000 of my contemporaries died. in a war where the politicians handcuffed them and wouldn't let them fight to win. Now Mid east war and not so many deaths but more walking wounded. VA still ignoring them. I love my country and my oath to protect and defend it did not expire with my discharge. Ya, swore an oath to protect and defend against All enemies, both foreign and domestic. I'm an old man now, 68 pushing 69. I see a domestic enemy. His Name is Obama. If congress had any balls he would have been impeached by now. I can't believe my nation has sunk so low as to allow such a devisive person to be elected or remain president. I guess that's why he chose Joe Biden for Vice pres. NOBODY wants Joe as prez. Impeachment insurance. OMG! and I started this as a military experience story.
Well, thank you for your service! I never could serve because of a bad accident I was in the summer before my senior year in high school, just like my dad. He wrecked a motorcycle in 1961 and broke both of his knees and had a very early draft card, like 1963 I believe. He was drafted into the Marine Corps but obviously he had a medical exemption, but they wrote down on the back of his draft card that his knees were broken and no one ever looked at the back of the card ... so when it came time to start arresting draft dodgers the Kitsap county Sheriff was assigned the task of arresting him and they came to his house and realized they made a mistake when he rolled out in his wheelchair.

Anyhow, as for your political views, you're certainly not alone with what you're talking about.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
THANK YOU- ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

I'm not a veteran myself, but my father is a General in the National Guard. He's an Engineer. My magnificent boyfriend is a West Point grad and a Lieutenant in the Army. He's in artillery. So proud to be so close to both of them. And thank you to the rest of you who've served. You have no idea how much it means.
That's awesome those West Point guys are a breed apart. I worked for a guy who mentored me in business and marketing who was a West Point grad and he was in his early 70's when I worked for him a decade ago (2003 to 2007) in a start-up software company that he served as VP of Sales & Marketing. Anyhow, he taught me the importance of diligence and constantly checking the numbers and looking at things in different ways.

Related Content You Might Like: