• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

FUEL ECONOMY-2.7 L

wannagoagain

I own a 2007 Tundra and am considering a 2016 Tacoma with 2.7 L engine. I'm trying to get MPG for current generation Tacomas with 2.7 L engine. Can you state your overall MPG, and if you have manual or automatic, and 2WD or 4WD?.........and if your Tacoma is basically stock or modified. Appreciate the help, thanks.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
They changed the way that the EPA measures mpg over since '07. Average mpg varies a lot depending on location, driving speed, ac vs. no ac, hauling, etc.

New member here.... just bought 09 Prerunner w/108k on it, 2.7, 5sp, w/canopy, drove it 296 miles, all freeway, 60-75mph, ran the A/C all the way, no load, started with a full tank of nw costco reg, just pumped in 13.18 = 22.48mpg

Is that good/bad or ugly?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
New member here.... just bought 09 Prerunner w/108k on it, 2.7, 5sp, w/canopy, drove it 296 miles, all freeway, 60-75mph, ran the A/C all the way, no load, started with a full tank of nw costco reg, just pumped in 13.18 = 22.48mpg

Is that good/bad or ugly?
Where do you live and how fast do you drive?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
...............I'm trying to get MPG for current generation Tacomas with 2.7 L engine..........
I see Motor Trend Fuel showing fuel economy for 2015 Tacoma's: Gasoline 18 MPG city, 21 MPG highway, 19 MPG combined and 401 mi. range. Not real time data from personal use, but you can use this as a basic starting point. 2016's should be about the same.

I had a 2013 Tacoma 4x4 DC with the V6 and was getting 19 mpg combined with a light foot.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I live in the great dry has hell NW, Seattle ;-) on that run, it was all freeway 60-70 mph all the way.
I grew up in Seattle, moved away in 1999 so just celebrated 16 years in Texas this month! One of the last things I would call it is "Dry", lol.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
We had a 1997 Tacoma with the 2.7 & a 5-speed. Mileage was 20-21 in mixed driving.

Then we got a 2006 Tacoma with V6 & automatic. Mileage was 20-21 in mixed driving.

Just goes to prove that YMMV.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I remember back on my 2004 Tacoma 2wd 5 spd I averaged 25 combined. After a tune up and highway only I could get 29 no problem. Wish I didn't sell it. :(

Rob

Good Day,
I just got a used 2015 Access Cab with 6500 miles on it, a 2.7 L engine,and 4 speed automatic. Filling up from just under 1/2 a tank I got 26.9 mpg. with mostly highway driving.
Best,
Rob

Related Content You Might Like: