• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Cuban Chrome

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Anyone watching the Discovery channels new series "Cuban Chrome"?
So far I havent seen any Toyota's, mostly GM products fom the 50's, but these car enthusiasts show a tenacity for the love of their auto's that isnt equaled in many places.
Reminds me a lot of car mechanics in Asia or Africa, they use homemade tools and none of them have any type formal training to repair, everythings ojt and cobbled together with local resources, no oem replacement parts or even stores selling them.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I went to Cuba for the first time 30 years ago and a few times since.. Most of the cars are GM 4 door sedans and since there is no parts source plenty of ingenuity to keep them running..Some spectacular, many held together with bubble gum and baling wire.
This will no doubt change now that the US has extended a hand,,,,Pepboys, Walmart and Macdonalds will be opening soon in Havana....the end of a era..

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like with Fidel out and Raoul in we've got better diplomacy, maybe they'll start getting a taste for capitalism and get some new autos in there.

Related Content You Might Like: