• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

99 taco AC hot in here

Skinless

Looking help on my 99 taco. I hit a deer 2 years ago ( this is how long I been searching) Well the deer took out the AC condenser and the tube that go's from the Condenser to the dryer. I’m looking for the correct tube. The tube I removed from the truck is long and squiggly and the one I keep getting sent to me is straight. The straight ones keeps cracking. All sites have the hose part number as 88716A. Anyone know where I can get the hose I need. Any info would be great because NC is hot as hell.
Capture yoda.PNG

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I would think that just about any auto parts store could get that for you, are you having a hard time?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Talk to the fine folks at trdparts4u.com (Toyota of Dallas), I know they stocked this part not long a go as I bought one for a truck I was selling.
Is your truck 2wd, 2wd prerunner, or 4wd?
There is a difference in the part between 2wd and 2wd prerunner/4wd

Skinless

Having a hard time I'm pulling my hair out. LMAO This one tube is stopping from driving anywhere.

Anyways TBplus so you have bought this funky line and it’s not a mythical unicorn?
Here is a better pic I found on TTROA forum they state some TSB AC007-97 AC Line change.

Attachments

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Can't this part be made fairly cheaply by a local auto parts shop? It's just a tube at the end of the day isn't it? I've been inside of a dozen auto parts stores (not shops, but stores) where they will custom bend tubing for you right there on the spot and even try to make up with your existing connectors.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Or bring your old one to a hydraulic shop and they could make you one using flexible line if you like. Our local hydraulic shop makes power steering lines etc at a fraction of the cost of factory components..they appreciate the cash business.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yea I bought one a while back, I had a cracked line and found one of the straight lines in a wrecking yard on a 2wd truck, after pressurizing the system I found it to had a crack.
Bit the bullet and bought an OEM line and it turned out to be the line with bends.
I dont know about the TSB, my factory stock 99 4wd (Ive owned since new) Tacoma also has the line with bends.

Skinless

Tbplus
this might sound werid but the dealership states to me my vin isnt calling for it but a straight one. could i use your vin to see what it brings up. I know some people treat Vins like a SSN so if not i understand.

Skinless

Having a tube made would be hard because at the top there is a 1in x 2in block that attaches to the top of the dryer.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Im not sure whats going on with that part, as I said Ive owned this truck since day 1, and it has the line with bends, but a vin check through TOD says it should have the straight line on it.

Skinless

I know right. Talked to dealership yesterday and got part # 88840-35090 it was a tube change for 97 year yoda's. I have my old tube gonna bring it with me and see if I can finally fix this. They said the tube is 87.75 plus tax. Be well worth it to have air again.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
It's just a tube, I understand that sometimes bends are designed to inhibit flow and build pressure (fluid dynamics 101) but sometimes they're just made to be able to put a hose in a specific location so it will fit. ???

Related Content You Might Like: