• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

sabm

ruben

If install the SABM and the smaller pulley for my SC....will the MAF still limit the air going in and how much power gain will I see

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Without larger than stock tubing you"ll only get so much incoming air, the velocity and pressure will increase some, but you still have a restriction.
The unknown factor is how much CFM your system is capable of handling with a new smaller pulley, and how much CFM your present plumbing can supply.
Much of this is trial and error.
Building a non restrictive system that allows enough incoming air but doesnt overwhelm the maf programming is trickey.
Also remember Toyota engines run lean when supercharged, more air will require a larger tweak in the fuel trims than the maf is capable of doing to the system.
My guess is unless youve already adjusted the fuel system for the supercharger with the smaller pulley your already running lean, more air will make things worse.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sorry for the delay, somehow missed this post.
Larger injectors and ecm programming would be the first choice.
I dont remember which engine your using, but some Toyota enthusiasts have had the intake manifild/plenum machined to accept an additional injector, a lot like shooting in a wet nitrous charge.
On my Supercharged 99 3.4 I've machined the plenum to accept 3 new injectors, which are mfgrd by Bosche and controlled by a Bosche stand alone system capable of controling up to 16 individually operated injectors, The system allows for individual sequencing and flow control rates.
For my system the added injectors are each dedicated, one for adding larger fuel volume to cylinders, one for alcohol as a faster burning fuel catalyst, and one for water to cool egt.

Related Content You Might Like: