• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Where is Top Dead Center on Toyotas? Toyota TDC.

I have a 1991 toyota pickup with 22RE engine, EFI, automatic tranny. Is TDC 0 or 5 degrees and do you know the page in the FSM that mentions this? Thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I always thought tdc was 0 degrees by definition on all applications. It's this not true?

Smileyone

TTC Chicks
What's wrong with the old, remove #1 spark plug, carefully insert screw driver, turn until it rises, remove and flashlight the hole, looking for highest point...? Worked on old GMCs and Chevys, why not Toys?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
What's wrong with the old, remove #1 spark plug, carefully insert screw driver, turn until it rises, remove and flashlight the hole, looking for highest point...? Worked on old GMCs and Chevys, why not Toys?
Never have I tried this, not even once actually.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Put thumb or any appendage handy over spark plug hole to make sure you are on the exhaust stroke. That is critical. Send a dowel down the hole and mark it at tdc. .

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Does that work? I've been reading up on all different ways to check for Top Dead Center, including adding oil and checking for bubbles, etc.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
You can feel the exhausting pressure with your thumb,,I have also used a tube with a ballon on the end for tight spots...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been looking at videos on YouTube about this, there are a lot of techniques that I have never experienced before actually! Just amazing!

Related Content You Might Like: