• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

07 tundra stuck in 4 low

russtee1

i woke up the other morning and went to go to work and for some reason my 07 tundra limited automatic transmission 5.7 was in 4 wheel low. It has the know that turns clockwise to engage 4x4 or u can push it in and turn it father to engage four wheel low. I did not turn the knob. Thinking my son may have played with it it tried turning it off driving backwards and all that stuff but couldn't get it to turn off. Also the check enginnlight was on and some of the traction lights. I disconnected the battery and the problem was solved. At least for a day then it happened again. This time I bought a new battery post connector and cleans up the terminals real good cause last time they were pretty corroded. And now it's running good again at least for the last couple hours. Hopeful thing that the battery terminus were corroded and was causing some reAley or something to stick. But am very nervous with my long commute it's gonna be a problem probably at the worst time. Any suggestions. Use to work on cars a lot but it's been a while and never got deep into four wheel drive espically the newer models. The truck has 210000 miles and has neveret me down. But have a bad feeling about the cost to bring it somewhere to have it fixed. Any info will be greatly appreciated. It spring in nj so cold temps are not an issue wich I know is a issue with my old 03 tundra. To me sounds electrical or relay related. I assume at start up the computer does a major digoinis and open and closes God knows how many relays and circuits. Also noticed when I reconnected the batter the truck is idoling at 500 and sounds quiter then I remember but usually have the radio up and rarely listen hard to what the engin is doing possibly my mind playing tricks on me never noticed before. It's running strong and has no sluggishness to it at all thanks alot

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's unusual that it essentially turned itself on and then got stuck on ... then the problem went away when you disconnected the battery.

Was it really actually in 4lo? I mean, you tested it?

russtee1

Yes it was for sure in low gear and and in four wheel. Could tell by the acceleration and rough ride doing u turns on pavement

Jarred

100 Posts
How old is your son as how strong he is to be able to shift the stick? Yeah never try that on pavement again, they sure cause serious damage.

Related Content You Might Like: