• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

88 Pickup value???

JD88PICKUP

I have an '88 pickup ext. cab long bed. 4x4, fresh paint, rebuilt 22re motor, and new interior. I've been asked by a few if I'd sell it but I don't know what it's worth. Can anyone help me out?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
At a certain point 4x4 trucks don't lose any additional value and you've probably hit that level already. Having a rebuilt engine certainly helps a lot. Are you looking to sell it?

JD88PICKUP

I may be soon. I have been asked to sell it but I didn't know what to ask. Looking to get a value more than anything.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've had a hard time trying to determine a value myself for you, most of the automated tools don't do justice to a vehicle that has had a lot of work.

If it were mine, I'd look around to see what other 4x4s are going for to see how hot the market is. Check ebay also to see if anything similar has recently sold (or currently selling) and check the high bid for an idea.

I'm going to say that it's got to be a market where you could at least get $3k minimum and that's a floor that I would stick with. The private party amount might go up another 50% on top of that considering how strong the used car market really is.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
There is an '84 for sale right now on eBay with 175k miles on it that has 10 bids and bidding is up to $4500. Just fyi.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Your welcome, I didn't see any 87-89's for sale on ebay though, just fyi.

JD88PICKUP

I had already searched eBay and seen that there were not any for sale like mine. Which is why I joined this forum. I did see one a while ago sell for almost 9k tho.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, how long ago was the engine rebuilt? Was it rebuilt to factory specs or built a little hotter?

JD88PICKUP

Rebuilt to factory specs other than the head getting machined which changes the compression a very small amount. It may have 200 miles on it since the rebuild.

Smileyone

TTC Chicks
DON'T SELL IT!!!! If you like it, and use it, keep it. I sold an 87 truck of mine and have regretted it ever since. Like yours, mine was super clean, and I thought I'd like a newer truck, but nothing was as cool as that truck, and it would be long paid for by now, so maint. and upgrades would be the only $ I'd be putting into it.
Unless you need the money, like to pay for a kid or something. Then all bets are off.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Many of those toyota trucks get bid up by dreamers and deadbeat bidders. One beautiful '91 toyota truck in Oregon went to $7k and 3 times the bidders failed to pay. My truck in avatar was on ebay,,,I looked at history of bidders and contacted seller. He agreed that the bidders were likely deadbeats (O or low bid history) and agreed to my cash offer.
That said your truck should fetch $4K but I would list it for $6 to test the waters assuming it is rust free and solid.

JD88PICKUP

No I think I'm gonna keep it for a while. I've just had a lot of people ask what I'd want for it and I couldn't find any like it online, so i thought I'd try to get an idea of its worth on this forum. Thanks for the compliment.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm sure there's a lot of people who would want to purchase it actually.

Related Content You Might Like: