• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New member from Colorado

knoxcourt

Hello Toyota Truck Club!
Glad to meet everyone. My '83 long bed joined my garage after a water cooler conversation (remember those?). My buddy was asking about my daily driver because he had to replace his truck. Ran the motor without oil and wore out the thrust bearings, the crank and the bottom end of the block were scored beyond repair. He was going to send it to the wrecker... I could allow that to happen. A motor off of eBay and a few other improvements got it back on the trail. That was 2002 and has been running all over the Colorado mountains ever since. I have been following lots of forums over the years. I am glad to find a family friendly place to share stories and advice.

Smileyone

TTC Chicks
Hello Toyota Truck Club!
Glad to meet everyone. My '83 long bed joined my garage after a water cooler conversation (remember those?). My buddy was asking about my daily driver because he had to replace his truck. Ran the motor without oil and wore out the thrust bearings, the crank and the bottom end of the block were scored beyond repair. He was going to send it to the wrecker... I could allow that to happen. A motor off of eBay and a few other improvements got it back on the trail. That was 2002 and has been running all over the Colorado mountains ever since. I have been following lots of forums over the years. I am glad to find a family friendly place to share stories and advice.
Welcome, from a new member too. I am curious about your ebay engine purchase as my 03 Tacoma may need an engine swap soon. any advice?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What do you have plans for to repair/replace your buddy's engine?

Related Content You Might Like: