• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Oil in Radiator

kona26

So yea I have oil in the radiator and want to find out what are some of the causes of this. I have talked to a few mechanics and have been told It could be a few things. wanting to know a few cheap easy diag. things I can do before taking it in thanks.

kona26

is there any other reason why there would be oil ..? I have been told that there is 2 plastic guides in the front of the engine that if cracked can also do the same thing.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Is this a dual problem? Oil in your coolant and also coolant in your oil?

kona26

Do not see any coolant in the oil. Drives good IMO. Dosnt get very good gas milage and is a turd pulling hills. But then again I am not sure what I should be looking for

kona26

First I seen oil in the over flow. Took the cap of the radiator and can see oil residue on the cap and some on the surface.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I would not be giving up on the engine....replace the head gasket and keep on trucking for another 200k

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Do a compression test on the cylinders, this should tell you if one or more is leaking.
Normally with a bad head gasket youll also get bubbles in the radiator when running.

Related Content You Might Like: