• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What can I buy for $2,000?

BaxterThomas

I’ve been thinking about buying a Tacoma for someone I know. I only have $2,000 to spend. The truck wouldn’t be driven all that much. Mostly just to do work around a farmhouse. What year of Tacoma can I get for this price?

DannyBoy

I bought a 1994 Toyota Truck...actually before the Tacoma...128,000 miles for $2000. I knew the man, he was a customer of mine and I asked him if he wanted to sell it. It was in great condition before I totaled it. Yeah...sucked.
So...went looking for a Tacoma...I had $5000 to spend and not a penny more...and I finally found a really nice 2000 model. But man! The bombs I looked at for $4000...good lord...I finally got lucky. Good luck!

I would suggest looking for private owners, newspapers, craigslist, online, etc.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Set your sites on a truck with a solid floor and frame. Mechanical repairs are much easier to deal with than a rotten truck. I have looked at toyotas that run and drive but no floor from toe board to rear of cab,,rotted out door pillars and frames. Look very carefully at any vehicle that has been painted for signs of rust repairs.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I bought a 1994 Toyota Truck...actually before the Tacoma...128,000 miles for $2000. I knew the man, he was a customer of mine and I asked him if he wanted to sell it. It was in great condition before I totaled it. Yeah...sucked.
So...went looking for a Tacoma...I had $5000 to spend and not a penny more...and I finally found a really nice 2000 model. But man! The bombs I looked at for $4000...good lord...I finally got lucky. Good luck!

I would suggest looking for private owners, newspapers, craigslist, online, etc.
How come I can't find these toys of deals?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This is a reason why a lot of people lob
Look for Texas or Arizona trucks. Texas has very little snow and ice, so less corrosion. Arizona lower portion is the same.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
When I was looking i found numerous decent deals on rust free toyota trucks in Arizona but a bit of a hike to drive a "unknown" truck home.. The one in my avatar I bought on ebay and towed it home from Cedar Falls Iowa...As much I like to trust the seller and my own intuition you just never know....

Related Content You Might Like: