• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Issues when cold

RacerX

I have a 1991 Toyota DLX pickup w 3L V-6. In the morning when I start the truck it will hardly idle. Idles REALLY slowly and seems it might also be missing. But if I give it a little gas it seems fine. Doesn't have this issue after it gets warm. Not a big FI person. Know a little, but not a lot. Seems to be a choke issue, but I don't think that it has a choke. Any ideas what to look for?

Thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
How many miles on it, what fuel injection cleaning have you done, done any fuel filter changes, what about tune up, etc?

Smileyone

TTC Chicks
A friends 98 Toy had these issues, symptoms, and needed a sensor on his intake replaced. I don't know enough to tell you more, but I think it was an o2 sensor.

Steve there does seem to be the resident expert on all things mechanical, so you're better to play with him...wait, that sounded wrong...:confused:

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I always go for the simple fixes first - so start with by treating the gas - could have moisture or gummed up. Try a can of seafoam in the tank. If anything is gummed up or has moisture content it will clean it out.

Related Content You Might Like: