• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Efi fuse keeps blowing 22re

lantonben

So yesterday I drove my 93 pickup 22re with absolutely no issues. I opened it up unplugged maf sensor and remover the air box and the rad overflow to get some room to replace a rotted power steering line. I did that successfully. But when I put it all back together it would crank, fire, start for half a second then die. Yes I plugged the maf back in, and the vacuum lines are all okay. I got frustrated and left it overnight, and came out this morning and it will still crank but it won't even fire now. What's my issue. When I unscrewed the power steering line it dumped right abov the alternator but I put a bag over the alternator because I saw that that would happen. Does anyone know what's up?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lantonben

Sorry I didn't unplug the maf bc there is no maf but I unplugged the wiring harness to the airbox

lantonben

Update. This morning I went to look at the truck again and noticed the efi fuse is blown and after putting another fuse in it blew again. What's happening?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Best guess is by moving the wire harness you created a short in one of the wires.
Check all the connectors first, look for frayed wires.
if the wire problem isnt onvious then youll need to break out a multi meter and start testing wires.

lantonben

Yeah it blows the fuse when the maf is plugged in but when it's out its fine so somewhere when I moved the maf it created a short. I'll take a look at it later today

Related Content You Might Like: