• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tundra TRD Supercharged

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
A friend of mine bought one of these rockets this weekend.
Ive owned some fast trucks of my own over the years, 2 GMC Cyclones, a GMC Typhoon, an SS 454, a Ford Lightning, an SS 350, and a Supercharged Tacoma, not to mention a long list of fast cars including a few Porsches.
But this truck is very fast.
I havent got a chance to drive it yet, only ride as a passenger, but man its quick.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/toyota-tundra-trd-supercharged-first-drive-review

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I was trying to get a short term test on one of these, couldnt pull enough strings or make enough bribes, even a 30yr old bottle of Cognac wasnt enough to separate one from Toyota.
They simply told me "we dont need to loan you one for a week, this truck sells itself without leaving the parking lot".

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I was trying to get a short term test on one of these, couldnt pull enough strings or make enough bribes, even a 30yr old bottle of Cognac wasnt enough to separate one from Toyota.
They simply told me "we dont need to loan you one for a week, this truck sells itself without leaving the parking lot".
Yeah, that's a good point actually.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Who's side are you on? I wanted to have fun with someone elses truck for a while.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I mean they have a clear marketing decision ... it's nice when things are that easy to decide in marketing.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Glad you happy with it.
I still havent gotten a long term tester, maybe some day.
My friend has had a few issues with his but he's still happy over all.
He developed an oil cooler line leak and almost ran it out of oil.
He also had some pre detonation issues that were making the truck ping badly under wot.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Supercharged Toyota engines have a habit of running lean under wot, which causes pinging.
The 3.4 engines require a 7 th injector to keep them from pinging.
Toyota ECM's dont have the ability even with aftermarket tunes to increase the fuel flow enough to solve the problem. Larger injectors help but again dont solve the whole problem.
The V8's 5.7, 4.8, etc dont have the problem as bad, but after adding headers, a larger supercharger gear, etc, the problem starts to show up.
Increasing fuel trims and delivery is key to building horsepower on these engines, they can already stuff in enough air and get good fire.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
definitely jump on this quick!! They were discontinued a few months ago. I sold 20 superchargers last month, usually sell 1-2 per month on average.

I can only find em on ebay now and that's just not worth it as a retailer.

Related Content You Might Like: