• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

More Horsepower From Supercharger

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
What model engine/truck?
If your running a supercharger there arent to many ways to increase HP, and the methods remaining can be expensive and entail lots of work.
I presently run a 99 Tacoma with a Supercharged 3.4 that registers 427hp on the dyno.
It wasnt cheap to get there and took many long evenings wrenching.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Water/meth is a great addition, I have a water meth system on mine that I built using Bosch injectors.
I sourced an injector system from their website and set the indivivual systems up to spray metered mist in the intake.
I recomend the addition of a pyrometer to keep track of tail pipe temps, I recorded some high temps when first installed and not yet dialed in, collapsed my muffler and pipe.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hitting peak performance on one of these can be tricky, lots of variables.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
True duals with flowmasters is to much exhaust for that engine, bigger is not always better when dealing with exhaust on gas engines.
Look up the term "exhaust scavenging" this should give you some insight on why not to use thay much exhaust, unless you plan on using wot all the time.
I never had to recal my maf after the new pulley, just make sure your intake can handle a larger volume of air, better intake piping and a larger volume air filter will go a long ways.
I stayed away from nitrous, its hard on an engine, superchargers are hard on an engine, from watching other use this combination I know its a quick way to wear the engine out.
How many miles do ypu want before rebuild/replacement?
Even normally aspirated engines can have a hard time handling nitrous at times.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If purchasing a pre mfgrd bolt on full exhaust Id look at Borla in Stainless Steel 2.5" to 3.0" single pipe system.
My preference would be having a local shop bend up a catbak system, single in aluma coated Flowmaster 44 with dual out aluma coated 2.0 pipes.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yes an exhaust of the size I recommended would give you some cylinder scavenging and maintain torque at lower rpms.
Many trucks, and cars are dual tasked as weekend toys, the real sign of a good build is when you balance things out so the vehicle can do great daily commuting and put a smile on your face playing on the weekend.
If you can achieve thid your doing good.
My 99 Tacoma is only a weekend toy, and it performs that task terriffic, it was retired to weekends only because as it was built it was a terrible daily commuter.
Find that fine line.

ruben

I see...thinking about that makes me question my exhaust...I do know I need to change it....it shifts better wot

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I knew there was a relationship to exhaust and performance, but I didn't really know how it worked. This information has been really enlightening.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Never heard of them before.
A search revealed lots of controversy.
the design sounds good on paper.

Related Content You Might Like: