• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2016 Toyota Tacoma Revealed! FINALLY! (Photos and Video) #ToyotaChat

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
2016 Toyota Tacoma Redesign.png

2016 Toyota Tacoma Reveal – 2015 Detroit Auto Sho…:

After YEARS of talks and discussion, Toyota is finally ready to reveal the 3rd generation of the Toyota Tacoma pickup, and they've chosen the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit to show it off. You can watch it on a livestream at 12:50 p.m. eastern time on Monday January 12, 2015.

Watch it live (or on replay) https://new.livestream.com/Toyota/Detroit2015.

2016 Toyota Tacoma Preview Video

The All-New 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Raising the bar. Again.

Let’s take it to the next level. The all-new 2016 Tacoma will be ready to once again set the benchmark for midsize pickup performance. Backed by a heritage of unwavering capability, an unbreakable attitude and new, rugged tech, Tacoma’s off-road prowess is more formidable than ever. This is how we make America’s best-selling midsize pickup in its segment for the last ten years* better in every way. The adventure is just beginning. Let’s go places.
2016 Toyota Tacoma Photo Gallery
[album="medium"]163[/album]

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here are some of the photos that Toyota has released, let us know what you think.

2016 Toyota Tacoma Photos.
[photo="large"]846[/photo]
[photo="large"]847[/photo]
[photo="large"]848[/photo]
[photo="large"]849[/photo]
[photo="large"]850[/photo]
[photo="large"]851[/photo]
[photo="large"]852[/photo]
[photo="large"]853[/photo]

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Jaw drops open! :eek:

That truck looks sweet and amazing. Seriously, me likey. Me likely a whole lot.

Questions:
  • Engine and tranny options? New gas v6 maybe? What about a turbodiesel option?
  • What are the overall dimensions and how do they compare with the last generation of Tacoma?
  • Towing capabilities and capacity? This was always a sticking point for some of my friends and co-workers, some who stepped up to the Tundra.
  • What type of techno stuff have they stuffed in there? Anything totally new?

rickoshay45

The big reveal is slated for Sunday. It will be interesting to see which engines and trannies are available. Supposedly the interior has been "upgraded". We shall see.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
I knew that waiting would be with the wait! When does it come out and what is the cost going to be???

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, I really like the design and the improvements on the interior. Waiting to hear about hp, torque and mpg ratings.

rickoshay45

The Chevy and GMC are cheaper. Perhaps a price drop? I'm hearing dealers are expecting June deliveries. My only concern is the new 3.5V6. The 4.0's reliability has proven to be legendary and is a big part of the Tacoma's appeal. Time will tell.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I got into it yesterday. Maybe they took it down. I was able to use the build tab and set one up.
Really? That's funny because I have been on other manufacturers websites in the past and I have also caught a glimpse of something that was put up and maybe was in an accidental testing mode that was then taken down. I could even see some inline comments on the page that were left by the 3rd party development company that NEVER should have been put live before. Too funny.

Nana

TTC Chicks
I like the new look, simple design, can’t wait to see one in person; still would like to make some changes, maybe change the wheels.
What mods would you instal if you had the chance?

Ellen

Wow! Finally new looks arrived and I really like the simple design which is still attractive one and looks they made major changes in new model. Can't wait to see in Auto expo in city if they bring it.

Some more pictures:

Some internal information about the it.

Engine:

The new Tacoma will be powered by what is likely to be a carryover four-cylinder as well as an all new V6. This new six-cylinder will use the Atkinson cycle, a highly efficient combustion cycle that allows engines to complete all four cylinder strokes in a single revolution.

Design:

More concrete improvements come in the form of the Tacoma’s structure. Toyota has shifted to using high strength steel in the frame, and hot-stamped ultra high strength steel in the passenger safety cage. This should help reduce weight as well as offering a crisper, more refined on-road driving experience in the SR, SR5, and Limited trims.

Off road performance should also see improvements. Rugged TRD Sport, and TRD Off-Road versions feature aggressive suspensions and advanced Multi-Terrain Select. Drivers will be able to select from a range of five different terrain types, maximizing traction by dialing in the Tacoma’s four-wheel drive, traction control, and throttle response.

Exterior:

The 2016 Tacoma’s exterior styling bares a strong family resemblance to the current Tundra, not to mention the outgoing Tacoma. Like those trucks and the recently restyled 4Runner, the new Tacoma has a bold aggressive frontend combined with a rather staid profile. To my eyes the front end styling with its clamshell bumper, high mounted headlights, and two grilles, is a bit discordant. Still, at least it will stand out from the crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleeter

Wow, what awesome trucks!!! What, $35 to $40 k. My 91 model listed for about $17 k and bought it for $14 k. That shows you inflation and technology price increase over 24 years. I have people messing with me all the time, asking me to sell them my truck for $5 k and for me to go and buy a new one. I would If I had money trees growing on my farm!!!

Shalom Pamplona

TTC Chicks
Here are some of the photos that Toyota has released, let us know what you think.

2016 Toyota Tacoma Photos.
[photo="large"]846[/photo] [photo="large"]847[/photo] [photo="large"]848[/photo] [photo="large"]849[/photo] [photo="large"]850[/photo] [photo="large"]851[/photo] [photo="large"]852[/photo] [photo="large"]853[/photo]

Related Content You Might Like: