• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Thinking of putting wheel spacers on 08 tundra. What do u guys think??

viktorg14

I have a 2008 tundra 4x4. I am thinking of putting some wheel spacers on it ,to give it that beefier look.. But I heard they do more damage to the suspension? And tranny?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Offsetting your wheels will certainly sling more road debris and mud and snow on your truck..Some folks like that.. The rims my truck came with were offset,,,was happy to get rid of those mudslingers.
Business Plan. How 'bout a drive through mud bay where you can pull in, have mud sprayed all over the truck for that beefy off road look. Deluxe treatment could include some chunks of sod,,maybe some sticks and stones. All this without having to beat the hell out of the truck..

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
It will add extra weight that you have to spin around, that will affect some but not sure enough to cause and drivetrain issues.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Never heard of added engine/trans issues from spacers.
But they will change your turn radius a lot, and have been known to cause wheel bearings to fail prematurely.
They also stick the wheels farther out and have been known to be the cause of tires impacting and damaging fenders during off road flexing.

Related Content You Might Like: