• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Rough idle help/miss

Knic

My 94 22re starts up fine. Once it's warm it has a rough idle or a miss. Takes of fine and drives fine! If I start it up after its warm it idles very rough. I've changed out plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I'm new to the truck world, if any you veterans have an idea or a common issue it might be, please help.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Try looking for a vacume leak.
Carefully spraying carb cleaner around the vacume lines while running will quickly show you any leaks.

iwire4you

I had a rough idle. Had the valves set, put a national carb. Remanufactured carb on it and run pure gas no ethanol and problem is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I had a rough idle. Had the valves set, put a national carb. Remanufactured carb on it and run pure gas no ethanol and problem is gone.

Where do you get non ethanol gasoline?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Avgas, racing fuel, and certain Marine fuels are non-ethanol.
But they arent cheap enough to run every day and can get you in trouble if run in street vehicles.

LBD WV

Could be O2 sensor, I would put some very good gas additive in first and see if that will get any water out of the fuel and clean up everything inside.

Related Content You Might Like: