• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

The *new* Entune upgrade - problematic still

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Ooh boy...

I was shocked and amazed to see that Toyota finally put out an Over-The-Air upgrade on the Entune entertainment system. I didn't expect to ever see that. It showed up on my dash, as I started up my 4Runner, and immediately downloaded through the Bluetooth tethering via my smart phone. Some of you may remember my previous post, reviewing Entune for the first time; specifically the iHeart Radio app, which at the time, was a very limited, stand-alone applet, that did not interface with existing iHeart Radio user accounts. Compared to other manufacturers' "infotainment" systems, Entune is behind the times, and seriously lacked in functionality.

With this most recent upgrade, it appears that there have been some issues addressed, but overall, I'm unfortunately having more problems with Entune now, than ever.

Over the weekend, my boyfriend and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling/changing settings to get both my Samsung Galaxy S4 (running Kit Kat), and his iPhone 5 (running the latest iOS update) to connect properly. We're having sporadic connectivity issues, while trying to stream music via iHeart or through our phone apps (Amazon Music Player for me on the Android, and the stock Music app on the iPhone). While playing songs, the music will just flat out stop playing, and in the case of the iPhone, Entune will disconnect it from the car altogether. We also can't figure out how to get Entune to connect the iPhone as a hands-free phone. It should be automatic, as in the case of my Android, but this long-time computer nerd can't even figure it out.

One thing I do like is that iHeart does now tie into user accounts; it's just a total pain trying to sync the account, as it has to be done from the phone app, and requires disconnecting the app, reconnecting, and buried menu options. Definitely not the most user-friendly process.

Hoping for another OTA fix in the near future.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, hate to see them causing more issues than they fix. That's unfortunate.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Wrre looking at a new Toyota RAV4this week, while I dont think we'll have use for tje music streaming I am concerned about phone conectivity.
This will be my wifes car and I want her phone connection to work right.
Ive never had a problem with my hands free system in my 2011 Silverado, I expect the same from our next vehicle.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
I'm pretty sure it's just a half-baked software issue. We'll give it time.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hopefully they'll get it right. Usually these software features are created by a 3rd party firm and the manufacturer ends up with egg on their face.

Related Content You Might Like: