• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Front Bumper

James

100 Posts
I put on a new front bumper yesterday.

Bumper looks great and fits well. It is kind of heavy, but that is alright. We moved it and were about to mount it with two people. Then I took some stuff off my truck and then mounted it. Took around 4 hours start to finish. It was a pretty good evening. I started around 8 and was finished by midnight.

James

100 Posts
I was driving in the snow storm and slid off the road and hit a tree. What a waste of money! My driving stinks.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I was fortunate enough to have a guy back into my truck last year..The only rusted piece of my truck was my rear bumper and it collapsed. The guy gave me $300 to replace it. I went to the scrapyard and spent $20 on a piece of 6'' c-channel and made my own bumper. The second bumper pic is one I built for an OT vehicle,,should have built the one for the Toyota like this with the hitch built in! Drive Safely

Attachments

James

100 Posts
Jazz, where did you learn to build your own bumper? I wish I could build my own bumper. And nice work on the rear bumper.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Use your old bumper as a model and then make it stronger and improve or add extras,, I put an adapter on a umbrella for setting up an umbrella that will not blow away at events ,,not like those pop up shelters that were taking flight at some auto shows..an expensive learning experience for some.
Dont buy chrome and doodads,,buy tools!

Attachments

James

100 Posts
I love that umbrella. Impressive!

What material do you usually use to make your old bumper stronger? Any recommendations?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My sons rear bumper is rotted out as well as the bumper brackets. He came home with a piece of 5" angle iron...1/2" thick. As well we made up some bumper brackets from 3/16" and built receiver into bumper. The bumper is a bit hefty at 85 lbs. I'll squirt some epoxy primer on once completed and mounted on the '89 yota
image.jpg

Related Content You Might Like: