• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

05 4.0 v6 trd supercharger

NetG

Hey folks, I'm looking at getting an 05 v6 tundra in my area and I was curious, I tried searching but couldn't find anything...these have the same 4.0 v6 as the tacoma, has anyone put the trd supercharger and fit kit for a tacoma on a 4.0 v6 tundra? In my head I can't see why it wouldn't bolt right up, should have all the same brackets/mounts/ecu/sensors. The only thing I could think of would be that the intercooler piping might need some customizing. Any thoughts on the reality of this idea?

NetG

I'm still looking for obvious differences/reasons. I did find one forum where a guy asked this same question but no one had an answer :(, he found that the ecu part numbers were different...though my imagination can't see them being different programming or pin locations or one having more/less sensors than the other...well I COULD but that's if I get argumentative, nothing definitive. I could see the difference in part numbers being just in how the ecu/tcu mount to the body and how the tcu bolts up to the ecu, these being different given the different body styles. Usually the tcu is a separate computer bolted to the side of the ecu but both the 2wd tundra and 2wd tacoma use an a340e (a340f for 4wd) so there really shouldn't be any difference in programming or pin location that I can see right away without seeing the actual wiring diagram. I could see the wiring harness being positioned different but they should be similar enough that if anything some repositioning or slight elongation might be all that's needed...but I also haven't looked at the wiring diagrams for the two vehicles and the supercharger. I'll have to look into that while waiting to see if anyone has actually done this.

This would be something I'd save up for too, buying a vehicle NOW is a must and this 05 4.0 v6 tundra is, as of yet, my best option given my needs and funds. I can't keep saving until I get 10k for a tundra with a larger engine so this could be a future mod (like a few years) that I would save up for. While I save I can enjoy better gas mileage, and I don't NEED a full sized truck. I've actually been looking for a v6 ranger/tacoma/s10 sized truck but then this popped up and so far it's the best truck I've found, while a larger body it has the gas mileage I'm looking for and a better towing capacity so the loads I would pull/haul on occasion would be easier on the truck. I also can't not mess with my vehicles so this could be a fun project later on...just a little insight into why I'm thinking about this...plus I just wanna know why not :)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I know what you mean about the price of vehicles these days and Toyotas are holding their values like crazy, so finding one that will fit in your budget and then you can do work to is a good way to move forward.

That being said, I can't think of anyone I've known that's bolted on a TRD Supercharger for a v6 4.0 Tacoma or Tundra.

That being said, there might be significant issues if you're going across different platforms, you just never really know afterall. Everything from smog standards to where it's built, etc. You did say from a Tundra to a Tacoma, right? or was it the other way around?

NetG

It would be the trd supercharger from the tacoma on the 4.0 v6 tundra...the tacoma and tundra have the same engine and transmission but a guy on another forum found the ecu part numbers were different, but this could simply be due to how the ecu's bolt into the chassis. Doesn't mean the programming is different, just mounting bolts, but that's enough to have different #'s. The trd s/c and fit kit basically just bolt right up to the tacoma's v6 so it should, in theory, also bolt right up to the tundra's, with the exception of the fit kit as it's piping and intercooler mounts are designed for the tacoma. Looks like this might be something I'll do in a few years on my own, IF I get this truck that is...nothing's certain right now.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
What type of performance gain will you likely see with the addition of a supercharger? I'm actually very curious how much they add and what's the downside? Extra fuel consumption?

Related Content You Might Like: