• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Women + Trucks = Problem?

Britanica

TTC Chicks
So I overheard this couple talking at the grocery store. They were talking about someone's sister getting a truck, and the husband/boyfriend goes "Well trucks and women don't mix.". I hung out in that aisle hoping the woman would be like that is sexist and invalid! But she replied "You know me, I don't think women should be driving anything that high off the road."

This isn't the first time I heard things like this. A lot of men (and women) think trucks are a man only vehicle. Why is this?

DunkinDog

I think it is just stereotyping of men that make these comments valid. This was a lot worse in the 90's. I went to school with a girl who drove a truck and they all said she was a lesbian and it wasn't true. She was a tom boy who loved trucks. She married one of my close friends too.

TDave

100 Posts
You know what they say.. "Women, you can't live with them.... ... ..."

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
So I overheard this couple talking at the grocery store. They were talking about someone's sister getting a truck, and the husband/boyfriend goes "Well trucks and women don't mix.". I hung out in that aisle hoping the woman would be like that is sexist and invalid! But she replied "You know me, I don't think women should be driving anything that high off the road."

This isn't the first time I heard things like this. A lot of men (and women) think trucks are a man only vehicle. Why is this?
Quite common opinion in Syria or UAE.

georgebb

Well, it's a sexist remark. But obviously many women can drive trucks regardless of what people say. I appreciate women who get away from the stereotype.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My older sister drove a Jeep and a truck for years, she got her first car at age 44, she traded it in for a truck less than 2 yrs later.
And while I was deployed at 3 different times my wife traded in perfectly good family sedans for trucks.
Like us guys some women just love trucks.

TDave

100 Posts
You know a woman owns a truck because they have some kind of "GIRLZ RULE" stickers on the windows, just to let people know a woman owns it, lol

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
*AHEM*

Truck-driving, gun-shooting, computer nerd girl here. I'm also 5'3" and Asian. No, I don't fit the mold at all. LOL!

Right now, I'm trying to stave off my 6' Texan boyfriend, who has fallen in love with my 4Runner, and wants to swap me for his Forester. Honey, I love you, but no. LMAO!

toyotasrule

100 Posts

I assume that you're a woman? I hope you set him straight!

toyotasrule

100 Posts
*AHEM*

Truck-driving, gun-shooting, computer nerd girl here. I'm also 5'3" and Asian. No, I don't fit the mold at all. LOL!

Right now, I'm trying to stave off my 6' Texan boyfriend, who has fallen in love with my 4Runner, and wants to swap me for his Forester. Honey, I love you, but no. LMAO!
Wow, you don't fit the mold at all, but that's ok. Who said that you have to fit someone's definition of who you are and what you're supposed to be? You go girl! :)

BaxterThomas

I don’t think it’s a problem at all. I see a lot of women driving trucks. I think it’s a sign of strength. I think strong women are always a good thing. The world needs more of them.

Crazy8

My sister drove a truck from 16 on and people at her school used to call her a "dike" because of it. She was just a tom boy and drove better than most of them. She is married with two kids now, still drives a truck to work.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My sister drove a truck from 16 on and people at her school used to call her a "dike" because of it. She was just a tom boy and drove better than most of them. She is married with two kids now, still drives a truck to work.
That's a shame people have to think that.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
As a woman who drives a truck, that is by far one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. There are a lot of ideals in America still that put women in a different class than men. I think men are typically more attracted to trucks, because they're a bigger, stronger vehicle. Maybe many women feel intimidated by them. But I love trucks, and lumping all women into one specific ideal is really stupid.

Related Content You Might Like: