• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How do Toyota Trucks Retain Their Value?

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
Out of all the trucks available, would there be a few that are shortlisted to be the most economical in terms of trading it back in.. ? Would be good to get a model that will keeps it value, I would upgrade my vehicle every 7 years or so, so it would be great to get one that can still hold its value over that time..

Thanks for any help, this forum is invaluable to novice vehicle buyers like myself.. :)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
It's a take of the supply and demand concept. People buy them, but they get more from them when they are sold as there is a perception that the vehicle will continue to be worth more longer into the future. It's the same reason that a company like Amazon.com has a high stock price, even though they're not really making a profit from goods sold and services rendered.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, fj owners are a tight bunch of owners for sure. They buy them to hold onto them and the lifestyle.

by being awesome. even after there road life is gone they can often be reincarnated as a billy goat on four wheels or add a snorkel for an aquatic life

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
The F150 is THE top selling vehicle in the us.
Unfortunately none of the automakers are in the top ten list of favoured brands among consumers although Walmart is....

My friend just paid $700 to have the spark plugs changed on his f250,,,and that is a good deal,,,guess they built the truck around and on top of the plugs.... I have yet to see any toyota plugs that take more than a hour on the first attempt...I recall one side of the V6 toyota being requiring some french to get at them..

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Unfortunately none of the automakers are in the top ten list of favoured brands among consumers although Walmart is....

My friend just paid $700 to have the spark plugs changed on his f250,,,and that is a good deal,,,guess they built the truck around and on top of the plugs.... I have yet to see any toyota plugs that take more than a hour on the first attempt...I recall one side of the V6 toyota being requiring some french to get at them..
Wow, really? Was that a complete tune up?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
That's just plugs,,,special tool required for removal. and its time consuming..no doubt they are buried. Also many plugs are rated for extreme high miles(over 60k) You know that plug will "be at one with the head grasshopper" I know early on dealer was charging $1000 for the same procedure but some shade tree mechanics getting in on the action.

rickoshay45

Checked Kelly Blue Book last night. My 2014 lost $2000 in the first year. Pretty good. Wifey bought a Chrysler 200 and it lost $12000. She's not happy.

TDave

100 Posts
I love the FJ's, but for whatever reason, I read "FootJoy" everytime I see that name. It's a bad name for a truck in my opinion, especially the "cruiser" part. Maybe that's why they don't make 'em anymore.

Tundra, 4runner, and even the Tacoma to a lesser extent, are truck names.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
But does it retain the value
NO! They depreciate like the rest of the usual suspects...Saw a '09 dakota for $3k,,,must have issues. No BS my '91 yota is in very good condition and would fetch $7K. People seem to hang on to their toyotas...either sell them after 5 years or drive them till the body rots off. I intend to drive mine till I'm dead( which was why i splurged on a new engine)
I am currently collecting/hoarding parts for my yota ,,,

Britanica

TTC Chicks
According to Kelly Blue Book the FJ Cruiser is #1 after 5 years, the Tacoma is #2. The Ford F150 is further down the top 10 list.
Tacoma is #2 - that is making me lean for this over a Tundra. I would like to be able to turn it back in for a new model eventually.

TruckOn

Tacoma is #2 - that is making me lean for this over a Tundra. I would like to be able to turn it back in for a new model eventually.
I think you should give it more thought. I love my 06 Tundra. I think that it hauls better than it's Tacoma counterpart.

Related Content You Might Like: