• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What was your first truck?

DunkinDog

I actually drove 3 different trucks from 15 to 20. I owned one of the three and the other two belonged to my father and my brother. We just swapped them out depending on our needs. Mine was a 1986 Toyota Turbo 4x4. It was a burnt red color and I beat it up bad. haha It was a mess when I got it so I didn't care to get it messy.

TruckOn

My 06 Tundra is my first and only. I have had it for a few years now and I love it. I hope to get a new model soon.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My first vehicle I thought was a truck was my 69 Elcamino, not a very good substitute for a truck I discovered after it was stolen and I replaced it with a 72 Ford highboy 4x4.
A few years later high fuel prices and a few weeks driving my brothers 80 4x4 Toyota I went out and bought my own new 82 4x4 Toyota.

Britanica

TTC Chicks
I can't recall which one it was. I am going to have to dig out old pictures now because this is going to drive me nuts! I swear after you have a kid you forget your teenage years. haha

TDave

100 Posts
'66 Ford, caught on fire at a Pink Floyd concert at Kemper arena in Kansas City.. Abandoned it there. :)

georgebb

I had a black 96 toyota tacoma. I remember driving it from SF to arizona in May. went everywhere back in the day. Ride was good, i wish i had maintained it better though.

geezer

1952 F 100 327small block chevy/turbo 400 tranny 16 y/o 11th grade
1978 C-10 cheyanne Short bed 2 wd ---3 on the tree, damn they were fun to drive
(for some reason we as kids in the 80's would never consider a long bed, and 4 door ultra trucks didnt exist
1979 F-150 stepside 6" lift /37" Gumbo mudders, 4 speed w/granny 1st gear, roll bar w/KC lights (a look you don't see any more)
1993 Mazda B 2000 2wd
1993 T-100 reg cab long bed 4wd 5 speed, sold at 230k w/original clutch running strong, shoulda kept it

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
DSCN1625.JPG
20150522_174530.jpg
1975 Chevy 1/2 ton long wheel base, step side with a 350 and a 3 speed trans on the floor. The truck was Kelly green. I loved that old truck, I wish I had some pics to post. It had mud grips on back on the OE 15" rims. It was a beater, but a grate truck with plenty of power. Its hard to beat those old Chevy 350s. I still have one now in my 97 Silverado that is my daily driver. The Toyota is what my wife drives.View attachment 5771

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My first truck was a ford courier, decent little truck. My honey was happy she was no longer driving her Comet around with a 17' canoe strapped to the roof.

Related Content You Might Like: