• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Do people still use eBay motors?

TDave

100 Posts
I'm not much into the second hand market. I normally go without if I can't find it on Craigslist, but at one time, eBay motors was a popular place to get original truck manuals, customized stuff, and parts, of course.

Is that still the case, or has their been a lot of fraud or other factors that would make a person not sell, or buy, on the site?

I guess I haven't seen it advertised as much as it used to, so I was just curious

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, they still have a pretty strong position in the market and a lot of dealers push their non-auction "make an offer" bid type. They actually get a lot of traffic to be honest.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I use it, they have a VERY good search system, and if there is a completed deal you can see what someone actually sold for if it was on auction. Now they have the BIN (Buy it now) and also the Make An Offer types of bids, so you might not be able to see that. But there are a lot of vehicles up on the system.

geezala

that's a good idea if you have a lot of car parts. Use it for researching what your stuff is selling for, and then $PROFIT$

DunkinDog

I know quite a few people who still go with them first. I guess it depends on who your are, what you want to spend, and what you are looking to get.

TruckOn

My brother goes on there all the time for parts and such. He has even bid on cars years ago. I guess it depends on what you like though. Some people don't like ebay.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Bought the truck in my avatar sight unseen on ebay motors...picked up in Iowa so a bit of a hike to drag it home. Also bought a rebuilt 22RE and various new and used parts for all my vehicles. Have not had any issues yet. My first ebay purchase was a used truck sight unseen in Minneapolis,,worked out well even though I had second thoughts when I saw I was the only bidder!

Related Content You Might Like: