• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Winter Driving Tips? How to survive.

TruckOn

So I was in a debate with my brother today. He kept saying that there is nothing bad about winter. While I do enjoy cooler weather, I think snow and ice causes a lot of problems on the road and for people who have to drive more than 10 minutes to work.

So for me, I like winter, I just don't like tons of snow and ice.

Do you like winter?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
They say that you know you're an adult when snow stops being fun. :)

I guess I'm not grown up yet then. Lol

Knic

I'm tired of it, I can appreciate it and all. But I'm honestly done until December.

Britanica

TTC Chicks
I love the snow but it sucks when it melts, turns to ice, or looks like road vomit. I actually play with my dog in the snow still.. haha

Knic

I take back my previous statement. I've had fun, not getting stuck in my little 2WD yota. Despite many of people telling my "you're going to get stuck, I couldn't get traction in my 4x4" I didn't even have weight in the back, like I should have. Yet I climbed up hills and over bridges like it was nothing.

TDave

100 Posts
Got to grill out yesterday. Hit 60 degrees on Friday, and it looks like it's going to stay above 50 until fall hopefully. Finally. Now to get used to daylight savings time.

TruckOn

Got to grill out yesterday. Hit 60 degrees on Friday, and it looks like it's going to stay above 50 until fall hopefully. Finally. Now to get used to daylight savings time.
Going to be nice here and I am dying to get something on the grill! I will definitely be doing this in the next few days. The smell... I miss it!

TruckOn

I'm tired of it, I can appreciate it and all. But I'm honestly done until December.
You sound like my mother. She likes snow for Christmas and after that she said she wants to pack it up with all the other crap and throw it back in the basement. haha

TruckOn

Haha, I just love being outside and exploring new places.
Well, snow just makes it like you are on level 10 and keep getting killed at the same spot. You want to throw your controller at the TV but you know that wont solve anything so you just stop playing the game haha

I don't know where I was going with that but yes, snow makes it hard to explore anything. lol

TruckOn

If I found one in southern IN. I'd be very concerned
Well, it beats having a black bear in your neighbors yard because he decided it would be a good idea to feed whole cooked chickens to the stray cats. I am glad I wasn't home. My buddy said the thing was HUGE and was in our yard for a few minutes. Just glad the cat wasn't out there.

Knic

Get an air horn, should scare it off. If not a .308 should do the trick. If nessacary, although I'd be taking pictures if I was there. Never know, could be friendly

georgebb

Winter and snow looks nice and all especially when i was a kid. I think I stopped appreciating it when I had to get a shovel just to open garage doors, or worse, shovel a your ride out of an overnight blizzard. It's a pain.

Related Content You Might Like: