• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tire Cleaning? Best cleaning products for tires.

TDave

100 Posts
What's the best product or procedure to clean tires and get them showroom looking? I give mine a soap scrub and wash, and they always turn out an oxidized looking light grey. I'd rather have clean (fast looking) tires than a sparkling body, in my opinion.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I picked up a bottle of armor all tire shine extreme and it does the trick for a cheap product.

geezala

I think it's a little OCD if you have a 4WD and you want to keep your tires clean. they are MEANT to be muddy, bud!

DunkinDog

I picked up a bottle of armor all tire shine extreme and it does the trick for a cheap product.

i have used this before and you have to be sure to clean them before hand. lol My buddy thought you just use this and your done. Noooo it will just look like a mess. haha

geezala

So you have to about clean your tires twice? This is just a shiner, so to speak? I ain't got no time for that! :D

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I normally look for spray cans of tire shine on sale, doesnt matter the brand.
I csn usually pick it up for $2 or less, 1 can is normally good for 1 session of cleaning.
Along with the tires I also spray the wheel wells, keeps the visible part looking good and helps keep road debris from collecting in there.
Another trick for mud and snow is buy a bottle of baby oil, usually $1.50 a bottle, put a spray nozzle on and spray tires and wheels.
Stops accumulation of snow and mud and its water soluable.
A friend of mine swears by Dawn dish liquid alcohol and water mis for snow mud and tire maint. Again water soluable and washs everything right off.

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks

Nice, I've tried this for my car and I was super duper satisfied :)) It was hard to find for me in Europe, but I did it :)) after using the product tires were clean and shiny and it lasted more time, then the first 5 minutes of ride. :D so I'm really satisfied, thank you for your advice!

Jarred

100 Posts
Glad you're able to find one out there, lots of people here happy with that one to or Meguiar's.

TruckZoom

my son is asking me what I want for Christmas. think i know what to include on my list. haha! gotta put armor all tire shine extreme :D

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Im not a stickler for cleaning the exterior of vehicles...thats on the bottom of my list with lawn cutting...I use NO TOUCH TIRE CARE its a Permatex product and it does work,,not real shiny but end result is they look clean and BLACK...

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Now that it's spring time, it's time to get the cleaning and detailing products out again!

Related Content You Might Like: