• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

If you had it to do over would you buy a 4runner again?

R4Nl

How satisfied have you been with your 4runner? If you had to make the choice again would you still purchase the 4runner. It seems like most people are pretty satisfied from the 4runner reviews I've read, but what about after long term use?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Yes, I would buy another 4Runner. We love our 2014 Trail Edition.

Also, what else would you buy for the same money that has KDSS?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ive bought 2 4Runners since their introduction.
First one was a new 1985 base line (manual windows, no rear seat, no a/c, manual steering, no spare tire and locking hubs) $9287 out the door.
The second was a fully loaded 1986 SR5 to replace my 85 that was stolen after less than 6 months of ownership.
Both were solid axle trucks with the 22re/5spd combo, if I could buy those trucks new again Id have no problem doing it.
Ive driven the latest model 4runner on long term tests and they are very nice, just to much pretty sheetmetal for driving where I prefer to take them.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I thought my 95 4runner was great! Someone paid $42k originally for it,,,i bought it used 5 years later for $7k,,,that said it was excellent for towing boat in the summer and hauling the kids to the ski resorts every weekend during hard water fishing season. Never really missed not having a truck bed as I had a small utility trailer for hauling. Resale was decent,,,still solid body and frame and sold it for $3500 9 years later..

Attachments

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The used car market right now is very strong. Vehicles are holding their value like crazy.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
We're looking for a heavier trailer that the 4runner can tow, otherwise is buy one.

TDave

100 Posts
My ex-wife and I bought 1 4runner a number of years ago. Great vehicle, bad wife. Wasn't anything fancy about it. Paid way too much for the options on it too. Wouldn't do that again.

Crazy8

My buddy has one and after driving the latest model I am considering getting a 2016 model next year. I am loving these things. I never liked SUV type vehicles but these are different.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I'm glad I got mine- a year ago, and it was used (not brand new). But it drives AMAZING and requires basically no maintenance compared to other cars I've had in the past that seemed to break down every other month. I'm extremely happy with my 4runner. I'd definitely consider purchasing a brand new one someday, when I can afford it.

Related Content You Might Like: