• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hilux vs 4Runner ~ Lots of questions

Gérard

Hello guy's , there is a guy near my place selling a whole toyota 4Runner 1990-1995 model , without door and tailgate , for 200$ ( cannot go on the road anymore )

It has the V6 and automatic transmision 4x4. Evertything working fine

I would like to know wich parts fits on my 1989 Hilux 22RE manuel 4x4 entended cab 6 feets bed.

I would also like to know if the windshield is the same , mine is cracked and his is perfect.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wait a minute. It's running? I'm not sure about that model of 4Runner and if the parts will be directly swappable. Wikipedia has a history of the Hilux and the 4Runner and if you read carefully in here you can come to a conclusion possibly if the two vehicles are a match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_4Runner (This article shows the history of when the 4Runner is built on the Hilux frame and when it's not).

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Sounds like a good score then, buy it before I find out where it's at and I'll swoop in and offer him $300. :)

Gérard

Because the drive train was still developed from the same source, the available engines were identical: The same 2.4 L four-cylinder (22R-E) and 3.0 L V6 (3VZ) engines were available in rear-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive layouts. The new 4Runner used the independent front suspension that had been developed on the previous generation. The older style gear driven transfer case was phased out on the V6 models and they now had a chain driven case. The older gear driven case was retained on the 4-cylinder models.

Looks like the transfercare aren't ther same.

However, the 4Runner did remain virtually identical to the Hilux from the B-pillars forward.Ù

Looks like the windshield will fit , also the fenders.

Wondering if it's worth paying 200 and having it to rot in my back yard just for parts...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, that's always a tough call if you're not going to drive it but instead just pick parts off it. You could buy it and then call a local boneyard to pick it up for free (they will almost never turn down that offer) and then you're only in a few bucks for the parts that you need.

Or get it running strong and go out offroad and have some fun with it.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Did you get any pics of the soon-to-be donor 4Runner? What does the current owner think about it being sold for part, he's cool with that?

TavaresNinja

If it has a working a/c system and dash cluster (tack/speedo) that I can use in my 1994 pickup (4cyl/5-speed), I'm interested. If we can reach an agreement, the truck might cost you nothing.

TavaresNinja

If it has a working a/c system and dash cluster (tack/speedo) that I can use in my 1994 pickup (4cyl/5-speed), I'm interested. If we can reach an agreement, the truck might cost you nothing.
Aw crap, you're in Canada. The shipping costs would be more than I would want to pay. Ratz.

Related Content You Might Like: