• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What are the T100 Stock Wheel and Tire Limits?

jffgrdnr

My '96 T100 TRD has the 31x10.5r15 wheelset. I have always imagined having a set of wheels/tires with an "aggressive" look, but my knowledge of trucks is so limited, I'm not sure where to start.

Also, I'm only 5' 8", and putting a lift on the truck is not my first choice (it's already a stretch to climb in).

Here are my questions:

What is the maximum wheel/tire combo that will fit in the wheel wells?
For a more aggressive look, are their varying sizes of optional wheel widths?
Is it common to add axle extensions?

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Take a pic of the current setup if you would please, that will give us an eyeball view to go by.

TDave

100 Posts
I'm practically in the same boat, not a lot of truck/tire knowledge, and I'm only 5' 9".

I assume most people have a shop replace their tires, but do a lot of places refuse to do that if the tire isn't exactly the manufacturer's stock size? That's what they told me at Costco, but I wonder if that's the rule everywhere.

jffgrdnr

Awesome, Chucho. It turns out that I answered the question myself. I just barely finished getting 33x12.50r15 with new wheels! I could not be happier! I also get a little rubbing just barely on the inside corners of the wheel wells with the outer corners of the tires. I'm planning on trimming the wheel wells soon.

Also, I took a chance and removed the trim from the sides and the T100 badge from the back. What do you think? I had stared at the trim for months, wondering if I would enjoy having taller looking door panels. I think it rocks! I'm just glad they were only attached with glue instead of screws.

[photo="large"]966[/photo]

[photo="large"]967[/photo]

I'm running 32X11.50R15 on those wheels you got stock height.
I have a little rubbing in the mud flaps when turning. not too bad though.
I actually have the same truck as you.
Here is a link to my build tread so far.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/60-t-100-forum/924994-feva-s-1996-t100-sr5-4x4.html

Last edited:

Smileyone

TTC Chicks
The trim removal does make it look cleaner and adds to the "Butchness" nicely done.
Your new tires and rims look good too.

Chucho

Awesome, Chucho. It turns out that I answered the question myself. I just barely finished getting 33x12.50r15 with new wheels! I could not be happier! I also get a little rubbing just barely on the inside corners of the wheel wells with the outer corners of the tires. I'm planning on trimming the wheel wells soon.

Also, I took a chance and removed the trim from the sides and the T100 badge from the back. What do you think? I had stared at the trim for months, wondering if I would enjoy having taller looking door panels. I think it rocks! I'm just glad they were only attached with glue instead of screws.

[photo="large"]966[/photo]
[photo="large"]967[/photo]
She looks good!!!!!
Are those 15X8" wheels?
can you tell if you lost any power?

jffgrdnr

She looks good!!!!!
Are those 15X8" wheels?
can you tell if you lost any power?

Hi Chucho, I think they're 15x10 wheels.

I have lost 1-2 MPG. I was at around 21MPG, now I'm getting around 19. Not sure about the power. I plan on getting a computer chip to up the MPG and power.

Related Content You Might Like: